Post Your Latest Coolant Change.

Forgot to post this when I did it

2001 Nissan Maxima

Out - Unknown green stuff (probably all makes)

IN - Honda Type 2 with thermostat change and distilled water flush in between the change.

Last week, I changed out(D&F only) the coolant in 3 vehicles

I know there are many folks who don't like AM/AM but, I really haven't had any issues using them.

I used PEAK LL AM/AM 50/50 in the Mazda3 and Nissan Altima. And used PEAK Global Lifetime 50/50 in the wifes Lexus.

I do each car about every 3 years so, the cooling systems are at the very least, well maintained!

2003 Focus ZX5. It developed a slight leak (more of a drip) from the thermostat housing and since the temperatures are dropping pretty fast, I didn't want to be in a position to work on the car when it's -15C when the drip becomes a big leak.

So, at the same time I got a jug of Zerex G-05 50/50 mix and did a drain and fill.

2000 Honda Accord I-4 coolant refreshed with a gallon of Honda type 2 (blue). 7 years and 79k miles since last type 2 change. Old coolant looked the same as the new, so maybe it could have gone even longer.

Paid $20/gal this time, 7 years ago it was $12/gal according to my notes. Should have invested my retirement funds in Honda type 2 (9.5%/yr)
smile.gif

2009 Honda Fit. Just a drain and fill at 60k miles.
Out: Honda Type 2 Blue 50/50 pre diluted
In: Zerex Asian Formula 1 gal. 50/50 pre diluted

G12 Plus (Violet) in two Jettas with 2.0 8V (2001 and 2002), in conjunction with timing belt and water pump replacement.

The 2002 had factory G12 Pink, the 2001 had Prestone all makes (yellow/green)

Last edited:
Hi there!!

2002 VW Lupo 1.4TDI - 139809 miles (225000 km)

OUT: Whatever pink liquid that was there.

IN: 1,5L of Febi Bilstein nº19400 Anticorrosion/Antifreeze agent (that complies with the VW G12+ - TL774F recommendation), plus 1,5L of distilled water. I´ve used only distilled water to flush it out.

REASON: Had to replace a damaged thermostat, and taken the opportunity to change the coolant too.

Regards.

Last edited:
03 silverado about 85K miles
out:factory fill

flushed hose water and ran for about 30min

in: prestone Dexcool from wallyworld mixed 50 50 w/ distilled water

01 Suburban w/ around 65K miles
out: factory fill

flushed with clean hose water

in: prestone Dexcool from wallyworld mixed 50 50 w/ distilled water

2000 Dodge Durango w/5.2L and 1994 Chevy C1500 w/5.7L.

Out - Peak Original Green
In - Peak Original Green

The Durango had busted the upper rad hose so replaced thermostat and hose also.

2000 Chevy Silverado w/4.3L (SILs vehicle)
Out - Unknown
In - Prestone All Makes

Back