In: O'Reilly universal 50/50

1999 Ford Windstar 3.8L
Out: unknown green coolant
In: O'Reilly universal 50/50

2005 Chevy Colorado 120k

Out-Dexcool@ 75k w/flush
In-JD Cool-gard and again@120k w/Cool-gard II

Last edited:
Can't believe I forgot to post at the end of September when I did my flush but here goes.

2002 Buick Century

Out: conventional green

In: Zerex G05

Flushed with many drain and fills of Distilled water and Prestone super radiator flush. Replaced dirty overflow tank too.

Out - 2 year old 50/50 mix of Ethylene Glycol(blue) and distilled water
(added holts speedflush and driven for 10 miles before draining)

3x fill/run/drain with distilled water

In - 50/50 mix of Ethylene Glycol and distilled water

05 Chevy Express 3500 6.0L 28,900 miles

Out: Factory Dex
In: Prestone Dex

Just drained the radiator no flush. Can't believe it doesn't have a drain plug have to pull the lower hose.

2009 Honda Fit

87,000 miles

Out - original Honda Type 2 50/50

In- Honda Type 2 50/50

'06 G35 150k on car. Nissan green out, Nissan blue in with new OE T-stat and cap. 50k on old Green.

'06 FX45 105k on car. Factory fill Nissan green out, Nissan blue w/ new OE cap and T-stat put in.

New upper and lower rad hoses on both.

Last edited:
1976 Plymouth PB100 van, 225 slant six
??? miles on vehicle
??? miles on coolant

Out: 3 gallons of mud
In: 3 gallons Peak conventional green/distilled water

1994 olds cutlass cruiser 3.1
Out: Napa Green

Flush: Prestone flush bottle and garden hose water, drained and replaced with water until it started looking like water (about 6 rounds)

In: Napa green. 5.8 quarts is 50%, and that's all I could get in, the other 50% is garden hose water.

1999 Saab 9-5 SE 2.3L w/92K
OUT: Saab blue coolant (G-46?)
NOTE: Condition OK as it was just 5 years old in a maintained vehicle.
IN: G-05 after rinsing 'til clear.

1995 Saturn SL2 76,389. Replaced upper and lower radiator hoses along with thermostat.

Out: Green coolant (unknown if original)
In: Supertech green after rinsing until clear.

1998 Saturn SC2 - Rare "Red Hot"

Procedure:

Basically open the radiator drain and pull off the upper radiator hose and reservoir cap. Catch what drains out of radiator and then remove cap. Add water from garden hose into reservoir but do not over flow it when clear water runs out of radiator quit filling reservoir.

Pull upper radiator hose and flush radiator out rad drain. Pull block drain and it should be decently clear and if not flush through reservoir and top hose back into engine until clear, use garden hose.

When all clear reassemble and fill with distilled water, run engine with reservoir cap off until the temp needle gets to 1/4 and shut off. Open block and radiator drain and allow to drain, give it about 30 min to drip dry. Close radiator drain and replace block drain. Car should also be on level surface.

Now add 1 full gallon of 100% coolant (I used Peak Long Life) and top off to cold level mark with distilled water. Run engine until 1/8-1/4 and shut off and allow to cool, make up any shrink back to cold or a bit above. Road test.

1997 Camry 4 Banger. 208,000 miles.

3 flushes & drives with Distilled Water.

Drained again, then filled with the 100% Prestone 5 Year/150,000 miles Coolant.
thumbsup2.gif

Back