Post Your Latest Coolant Change.

I changed the water pump on my 98 explorer 5.0 awhile back, had a mixture of green and prestone extended life (neon light green), refilled with Resolute Extended life (light/neon green) from Fleet farm.

refilled my 96 contour with the same kind of coolant when i did the thermostat a few weeks ago.

99 Mercury grand marquis, 4.6 V8.

Flushed out the original coolant from 1999 when I got it last year. it was horrid. Put supertech coolant back in. 6 months later I decide to put a new water pump in it since the bearings were a bit worn. Coolant was dirty, but not as bad as original. It's stayed clean since, but the hoses look like a clogged artery from deposits and can't get the reservoir clean plus I can see sediment still floating around. Have new reservoir and hoses to install. Going to flush again and use Zerex G-05 this time and install a coolant filter. This was a bad one. Only neglected part of the car, very nice otherwise. Luckily the coolant passages inside of the engine block look relatively good. Nothing super rusty, and the original heater core is capable of putting out 170* F vent temps.

00 Chevy Silverado 1500
5.3 v8
Water pump, hoses, cooling system flush
Out: unknown, qmi cooling system flush
In: 60/40 napa universal green and water, qmi cooling system conditioner

2011 DTS. I did my annual coolant "flush"

1 Gallon of Prestone Dex-Cool Concentrate and 1 Gal of Distilled Water from Target. I mixed the two to get a 50/50 Dexcool Mix.

I disconnected a coolant return line going to the surge tank. I then start the engine. As coolant drains through the hose, I top off the surge tank. I poured in 2 Gallons to the surge tank.

The whole car holds 3 gallons of coolant. Because the thermostat controls flow into the engine block, I'd be exchanging all the coolant in the system except the radiator.

I know DexCool has a 5 year service life, but I like to change it every year. It only costs $15.

2017 Ford 2.0L EcoBoost
94,116 miles at change

Full system swap, done by Firestone

Out: Unknown, prior owner fill, but assume OEM FF. Probably never changed

Flushed and conditioned system

In: Prestone Cor-guard 50/50

06 Ford f250
6.0 powerstroke v8
Out: unknown green coolant, qmi cooling system flush
In: 60/40 napa universal green and water, qmi cooling system conditioner, 1 pint napa kool

Drained the Auto Zone universal coolant from radiator and the red coolant from the inverter coolant and added new Valvoline red coolant for P-HOAT {phosphated hybrid organic acids technology) for Toyota and other Asian vehicles.

08 Tundra 5.7 @ 138k

Out: Mix of OE pink and universal green. Drained the block and rad.

In: Valvoline Zerex Pink

83 jeep cj7
258 inline six
Water pump replacement
In: water
Customer decided to replace his own radiator and finish his coolant change, so we just put water back in it.

Originally Posted by Red91
83 jeep cj7
258 inline six
Water pump replacement
In: water
Customer decided to replace his own radiator and finish his coolant change, so we just put water back in it.

What's your thoughts on QMI products? The garage I used to work at has used them for years for bulk fluids and some additives. I could never find much on here about them. They just recently used their synthetic ATF in my Silverado.

03 Ford escape
3.0 v6
Out: brown translucent something, looked like used motor oil, qmi cooling system flush
In: 60/40 napa universal green and water, qmi cooling system conditioner

Back