Post your latest beer consumption

I don't feel like running tonight.

EEE1ACE5-4C0B-40D7-9E71-51F85DE0DDFC.jpeg

Had to drive over the mountain and into town today (other than work related...) and decide to stop at my favorite spot. Expensive, but darn good! (actually both, but we're focused on the beer, lol.)

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Bulleit Bourbon, nuff' said :^)

Heh, yea that time of year. I refuse to mix it with anything besides one ice cube occasionally. Not for everybody's pallet, but I enjoy it.

I brewed this up a month ago, it's a witbier with a few extra spices(cardamom, star anise and 2 cinnamon sticks alongside the requisite coriander and bitter orange peel for this style) and cranberries(we used 100% pure cranberry juice). My brewing friends call it witty in pink. It was a welcome treat at the hot springs this past weekend.

IMG_2314.jpeg

Pliny the Younger is now on tap at Russian River Brewing in Santa Rosa and Windsor. But my local place (Fieldwork Brewing) has an even bigger hop bomb called Destroyer of Galaxies made with Galaxy hops. Apparently 11.3% ABV. I tried a sample once, but didn't buy. I've got a growler, but they said they made it in such limited quantities that they only serve it on tap and don't fill growlers.

Originally Posted by y_p_w
Pliny the Younger is now on tap at Russian River Brewing in Santa Rosa and Windsor. But my local place (Fieldwork Brewing) has an even bigger hop bomb called Destroyer of Galaxies made with Galaxy hops. Apparently 11.3% ABV. I tried a sample once, but didn't buy. I've got a growler, but they said they made it in such limited quantities that they only serve it on tap and don't fill growlers.

I am jealous Pliny on the bucket list for me both younger and elder need to send me some seriously.

Originally Posted by dave123

I am jealous Pliny on the bucket list for me both younger and elder need to send me some seriously.

It's on tap right now until they run out. There will be kegs distributed, but a lot of them will be used for charity events or special resale events using tickets. I tried it last year. Waited in line 3 hours in Santa Rosa and basically only ordered one each for my wife and myself. It's done with a special wristband with 3 removable tabs to indicate reaching the individual limit.

Still - Russian River Brewing has about doubled its output with a new brewery and they've expanded their distribution. They say that they made about twice as much Pliny the Younger as they did last year. Also - they're now distributing Blind Pig in bottles when previously it was only available at their brewpub.

I did get Destroyer of Galaxies though. It's remarkably drinkable for a hop bomb with almost as much alcohol content as wine.

But my local place (Fieldwork Brewing) has an even bigger hop bomb called Destroyer of Galaxies made with Galaxy hops. .

Hey, you live in my neck of the woods, though I'm more loyal to Temescal Brewing and Ocean View Brew Works myself.

My homebrew!

Kolsch (5.5% ABV)... Made with German Barke Pils, Vienna, Carahell and Acidulated. Hopped with Hallertau Magnum and Blanc. Fermented with a traditional German Kolsch strain, cool, and lagered for a few weeks at 30F before serving.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by xBa380
My homebrew!

Kolsch (5.5% ABV)... Made with German Barke Pils, Vienna, Carahell and Acidulated. Hopped with Hallertau Magnum and Blanc. Fermented with a traditional German Kolsch strain, cool, and lagered for a few weeks at 30F before serving.

[Linked Image]

That sounds like a kolsch I made last year that got good reviews but I used a different malt bill(pilsner, a little Munich, Honey malt and acid malt), Hallertau Mittelfruh for hops and Wyeast 2565 for yeast. It look almost 3 months to lager the beer, but it came out great.

I'll be using White Labs WLP029 for the second iteration, I've read it takes significantly less time to lager and clear.

Last edited:
Back