Post your current MPG

2000 Saturn SL with 5-speed manual: 39 mpg on last fillup. Pretty typical for this car during the summer months. Minimal use of AC helps a lot here; I virtually never use it in the morning drive to work and only sparingly on the trip home in the afternoon.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX, single exhaust, 2.73RAR: 15.7MPG
I think that is my best tank ever doing my work jaunts. Usually its more like 12MPG.

210 miles from 12.133 gallons = 17.3MPG
Filled up with ethanol free gas this time.

198 miles from 10.87 gallons = 18.22MPG

10.7 on my last tank
mad.gif

2005 Prius - 44 to 47 mpg (US gallon) the past couple of months - short trips or highway, hilly area.

Lower in cold weather.

29.5 MPG 90% city, mostly trips < 3 miles, < 15 mi/day, < 3 mi commute.

Best is 39.8 MPG 50/50 city/highway.

Now, the WRX is another story...

~20ish city, ~24.5ish city/highway, ~29ish highway. Little more/little less, depending.

I have been driving my 2007 Mazdaspeed3 with a bit of restraint and since April it has averaged 27.6 mpg. The lowest tank averaged 24.5 mpg and the highest averaged 30.7 mpg. Not too shabby for a motor making 287 bhp(my car is equipped with the Mazdaspeed CAI).

My 318ti averages about the same, but it is much more frugal on the track, averaging 15 mpg- @5 mpg better than the Mazda.

My tank today in the FX, 15.7mpg

200 miles with the cruise set at 82, the other 80 around town.

Last tank in the G, 22.3mpg which is pretty good. Whole tank was cruise set at 80-85.

Last tank in the 528, 28 mpg - mostly highway 70mph some city.

Last tank on the bike, 36mpg - mixed. Not that much better than the BMW which has slightly more HP and will carry 3 more people+luggage.

I'm a bit dissapointed in the MPG of our cars. They meet the EPA rating but, I wish it was better. Especially my wife's Lexus RX-300. EPA-18 city/22 hiwy. Have to baby the thing to get those numbers. I shouldn't complain since we bought the cars knowing this.

Just got back from Toronto this past weekend. Went up to watch 2 games of the 4 game series between the Yankees/Blue Jays. Split 2/2! We also enjoyed the vendors and small business of Yonge St. and the "Live Green Toronto Festival".

Love Toronto! Been traveling there since the early 70's. And all of the other areas of downtown Toronto and the ball park, outdoor cafes', pubs, resturants & shops.

From Rochester, we traveled to Buffalo to pick up our daughter at her appt and then off to Toronto. Driving a bit over the NY State speed limit of 65 mph(70-75 mph on I-90) and 80 mph on the QEW along with the stop & go of Yonge St to our hotel and back home again on the same tank of gas, we got 20.6 mpg. We parked the car at the hotel for the weekend and walked everywhere as we always do. My hip hurts a little!

So, we started off in the morning Friday 15th, stopped for tolls, stopped in Buffalo around UB, back on the road again, hit the boarder of US/Can, stop&go of downtown Toronto and back again doing the same thing on Saturday 16th only in reverse (Yonge St, QEW, US/Can boarder, tolls, Buffalo to Rochester), I guess 20 + mpg isn't too bad at these speeds, people/luggage and one tank of gas.

First fillup in my Civic got me 35.8 MPG, that's with 50/50 highway/city driving and I also was pretty light on the pedal most of the time (it rarely saw higher than 2000 rpm) But I still think I can do better on the next one!
smile.gif

A recent 774 mile scenic cruise of the Blue Ridge Parkway netted me 37.4 MPG from 20.7 gal.
About 250 of the miles were interstate.
The balance of the miles were at 45 MPH or less on mountain roads.
1.4L turbo 6 speed manual, 2011 Chevy Cruze ECO.
There was a lot of gear changing going on.
The shifter is now fully broken in.
lol.gif

I could have left it in 3RD for most of the mountain roads, however the MPG would have suffered.

Rickey.

2011 base model Honda Fit w/ 5 speed auto . 38.405 m.p.g. calculated ( 368.5 mis. / 9.595 gals. ) and 38.4 on the display for overall m.p.g.. So , right on the $ for the 1st time . Gas was VALERO 87 w/ 10% ethanol , tires at 34.5 , speeds up to 75 ( interstate ) , A.C. on 60% , many hills , 2 passengers 70% , and 35% city .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Patman
First fillup in my Civic got me 35.8 MPG, that's with 50/50 highway/city driving and I also was pretty light on the pedal most of the time (it rarely saw higher than 2000 rpm) But I still think I can do better on the next one!
smile.gif

I did do better! This time I got 36.4 MPG calculated (Scangauge said 36.9, but it wasn't calibrated yet, next time it should be closer to actual) I drove a bit more on the highway this time around, maybe 60%. The Scangauge shows 50 MPG at 100km/h steady speeds, so I can't wait to do a 100% highway trip in this car and see what I can do! It will definitely blow away the EPA ratings for this car (which is around 38 highway I believe)

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I'm a bit dissapointed in the MPG of our cars. They meet the EPA rating but, I wish it was better. Especially my wife's Lexus RX-300. EPA-18 city/22 hiwy. Have to baby the thing to get those numbers. I shouldn't complain since we bought the cars knowing this.

Just got back from Toronto this past weekend. Went up to watch 2 games of the 4 game series between the Yankees/Blue Jays. Split 2/2! We also enjoyed the vendors and small business of Yonge St. and the "Live Green Toronto Festival".

Love Toronto! Been traveling there since the early 70's. And all of the other areas of downtown Toronto and the ball park, outdoor cafes', pubs, resturants & shops.

From Rochester, we traveled to Buffalo to pick up our daughter at her appt and then off to Toronto. Driving a bit over the NY State speed limit of 65 mph(70-75 mph on I-90) and 80 mph on the QEW along with the stop & go of Yonge St to our hotel and back home again on the same tank of gas, we got 20.6 mpg. We parked the car at the hotel for the weekend and walked everywhere as we always do. My hip hurts a little!

So, we started off in the morning Friday 15th, stopped for tolls, stopped in Buffalo around UB, back on the road again, hit the boarder of US/Can, stop&go of downtown Toronto and back again doing the same thing on Saturday 16th only in reverse (Yonge St, QEW, US/Can boarder, tolls, Buffalo to Rochester), I guess 20 + mpg isn't too bad at these speeds, people/luggage and one tank of gas.

Unfortunately mpg`s should be the least of your concerns with that car.

Back