Post a video from your favorite cooking show

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Please post a link to your favorite cooking show series!

My Wife and I really enjoy cooking shows. I worked away from home for months at a time over multiple years. Typically on a Saturday or Sunday, we would put on a cooking show being thousands a miles away, open a bottle of wine at each location, watch the show and talk about the show while drinking wine.

Although we deeply like dozens of different cooking shows, this is our all time favorite. Two Greedy Italians. A show about two Italian born British chefs, one from Northern Italy, one from Southern Italy. They were "greedy" for the Italian food traditions of their youths.

Discovered this show on a Cathay Pacific flight from Auckland, NZ to Hong Kong. Shame we don't get shows like this in the USA. Funny, a channel out of Toronto called TLN (Total Latino Network) ran this show, and many other great cooking shows not available in the USA, on Sunday afternoons.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider this as a cooking show but I liked what they were selling. Dinner from scratch. I should have found myself a Farm girl, who knows how to cook.

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
Please post a link to your favorite cooking show series!

My Wife and I really enjoy cooking shows. I worked away from home for months at a time over multiple years. Typically on a Saturday or Sunday, we would put on a cooking show being thousands a miles away, open a bottle of wine at each location, watch the show and talk about the show while drinking wine.

Although we deeply like dozens of different cooking shows, this is our all time favorite. Two Greedy Italians. A show about two Italian born British chefs, one from Northern Italy, one from Southern Italy. They were "greedy" for the Italian food traditions of their youths.

Discovered this show on a Cathay Pacific flight from Auckland, NZ to Hong Kong. Shame we don't get shows like this in the USA. Funny, a channel out of Toronto called TLN (formerly Telelatino Network) ran this show, and many other great cooking shows not available in the USA, on Sunday afternoons.

Fixed it for you. I used to watch this show all the time, it was great. I remember this interesting episosde well, without even rewatching it, it's about cucina povera. Gennaro Contaldo featured in this series, was and is Jamie Oliver's mentor. Great find @GON! We also own the "Greedy Italians" official cookbook, it's great; RIP Antonio Carluccio. I have so many favourite cooking show episodes, I'll have to pick one to post, once I decide.

Reactions: GON
When you flip anything, you have to have the courage of your convictions...

You can always pick it up and if you're alone in the kitchen who is going to see?

Breaking-Bad-Walter-Jesse-Meth-Cook.jpg

Back