Post a favorite animal

Baby Yoda.JPG

Senor our Crested Gecko

Few years ago our 11yo Daughter wanted a Crested Gecko..she wasn't inclined towards reptiles, she saw one and liked the eyebrows. Wife wasn't too enthusiastic at all, but we told her to convince us; put together a 'business case', research care & feeding, etc. and get back to us with a presentation, sell us on it with facts. So she did.

Then I got involved with my natural inclination to overdo (if it is worth doing, its worth overdoing!) and built this thing two habitats that the National Zoo would be proud of. I'm certainly no animal rights guy, but I also believe that pets, any pet, deserve the best accommodations you can offer.

He's pretty cool; interesting, nocturnal, no smell, easy to care for, not messy, can be a bit noisy at night..... Not my first choice, but I kind of warmed up to him and I get to play w low light photography.

IMG_5282[17739].jpg

Senor our Crested Gecko

Few years ago our 11yo Daughter wanted a Crested Gecko..she wasn't inclined towards reptiles, she saw one and liked the eyebrows. Wife wasn't too enthusiastic at all, but we told her to convince us; put together a 'business case', research care & feeding, etc. and get back to us with a presentation, sell us on it with facts. So she did.

Then I got involved with my natural inclination to overdo (if it is worth doing, its worth overdoing!) and built this thing two habitats that the National Zoo would be proud of. I'm certainly no animal rights guy, but I also believe that pets, any pet, deserve the best accommodations you can offer.

He's pretty cool; interesting, nocturnal, no smell, easy to care for, not messy, can be a bit noisy at night..... Not my first choice, but I kind of warmed up to him and I get to play w low light photography.

View attachment 45975
Very cool. Love Crested and Leopard Geckos.

He’s been gone since May 2018 and there’s hardly a day that goes by that I don’t think of him. His last vaccine tag hangs from my rear view mirror.
We have his ashes, when my time comes, his ashes will be scattered with mine and a beer will be left at the site. One last beer, hanging out with Kiwi. (My wife picked his name, and yes, I know he’s an ACD and has nothing to do with New Zealand. 😏)
FBC4DE25-2290-447D-B783-2DD879039455.jpeg

He’s been gone since May 2018 and there’s hardly a day that goes by that I don’t think of him. His last vaccine tag hangs from my rear view mirror.
We have his ashes, when my time comes, his ashes will be scattered with mine and a beer will be left at the site. One last beer, hanging out with Kiwi. (My wife picked his name, and yes, I know he’s an ACD and has nothing to do with New Zealand. 😏)

Name the next one Oz
My BiL could not get over the loss of his yellow lab, so one day I dropped a similar puppy in his lap
Half hour of licking later … got the AKC papers, and a bag of food from my GMC …

Name the next one Oz
My BiL could not get over the loss of his yellow lab, so one day I dropped a similar puppy in his lap
Half hour of licking later … got the AKC papers, and a bag of food from my GMC
My wife wants to get a red and call him/her ferrous (ferrous oxide). She's a science teacher, so......😒 Anyway, it was hard on me to lose kiwi, I was a grown man reduced to a crying child that day.
One of my wife's coworkers have heelers and they've recently had a litter of which I've been shown tons of pictures. Maybe one day, just not today.
Oz,..that could be a good name. Maybe two someday, Oz and Ferrous.

Reactions: 4WD
She looks SO MUCH like my cat Hiram. He passed a few years ago, he was 16.
View attachment 47603
I see a lot of cats that have those same features; black fur with tinges of red, long ear whiskers, big bushy tails. It makes me happy to see so many people enjoying them since there are some that have an aversion to black cats in general. They are beautiful. Luna was only 9, and she was plagued by somewhat minor sinus/nasal health issues since we rescued her. I'm going to miss her.

Back