Porsche Taycan - Road and Track

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by edyvw

Of course you don't. And you will not.
You think that companies need to develop Tesla. Porsche is first of all coming from different culture. Therefore their approach to the problems is completely different. Another thing is that Porsche is not in a rush to develop EV. Porsche is not going to abandon bread and butter for EV's, they have luxury of time to try different things.
If you want to understand what Porsche is doing, first start from the fact that Porsche is basically playing game here. They are attempting things, and EV while important, they have luxury of time. On other hand Tesla will need several more decades to catch up in built quality with Germans.

I have been following the Porsche/Audi EV development for years.
The point is, they stated numerous goals and failed to achieve most of them.

The Taycan is gorgeous, no doubt. Fit and finish is stellar. One of their fastest cars in many aspects; that's saying something.
Did you read the article?

I read the article. Point is: so what? Porsche can set goals and miss them, and? EV is important to Porsche, is it important like 911? Absolutely NOT! And that is the point. It is cultural thing.

When a company like Porsche misses it's goals it is hardly a "so what" moment in their boardrooms.

VAG is in the midst of a culture change since announcing most r&d $ will now go towards ev development. How much Porsche is part of this movement? Don't know. But by virtue of this car existing, Porsche won't be left with its pants around it's ankles.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by UncleDave
Its an AWESOME car.

Just not the car it was supposed to be- at least yet.

UD

A drop dead gorgeous Porsche Taycan spotted while driving a Tesla Model 3...
This car was quiiiiick!

It's gorgeous, that almost hip like rear end. A cross between a 911 and a 928 in my mind, two of my favorite cars driving experience and memories of all time.

They didn't miss the goal by a little, they missed it by a lot.

Enough to demonstrate that it's simply nowhere as easy as any of the existing auto giants thought to match Tesla.

UD

Last edited:
Back