Porsche GT3 /RS A40 Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot imagine a valid reason to drain your oil after a track day...Unless you have a clapped out engine and massive fuel dilution there is no reason other than it may Make You feel Better. We've run Redline, Motul, M1, etc. and each and every one of those oils has been fine after 10-12 true Racing hours...Not just a track day/drivers ed event. Motul can easily go 20-24 hours safely...and they do at Lemans and many other endurance races that Porsche participate in.
Don’t underestimate people with OCD, lol.

I agree, but these cars with mods are north of 300k. So with type of cost, oil is nothing

The car does not know the difference when the oil is changed after 90 minutes of driver's education on a track. A DE does not place Any More stress on an oil than a trip to the mall in a Porsche. It's a waste of time and $$ even if you have both of them to waste is all I'm pointing out. If you're that worried about changing your motor oil after a 90 minute day of moderate use it's probably not the right hobby for you.
I think its just OCD. Hey everyone spends thier money how they like. In reality a 300k 911 GT3RS is probably a waste of money, but to each his own.

After each track day? Do you actually have UOA that justify that? Or it just “makes sense?”
I should have said “personal preference”. I’ve seen the UOAs here that provide ample data regarding DD and track use oil use (not being mutually exclusive).

Some people have money to throw, even after all the facts to show that they don’t have to.

so, one important conclusion in this video is that for every day modern cars i, we don't need too much ZDDP ,bcs. of the new design engines that don't allow too much metal to metal contact. i know we talked about that before in some topics but how much ZDDP in numbers is necessary for such a new engine? of course the combination of additives and not ZDDP alone, matters too for the final product.

ZDDP is a chemical compound, as shown in the attached screen shot, but the test to identify the zinc and phosphorus is by the concentration of each element showing up separately. You’ll notice in all the tests there is slightly more zinc than phosphorus and if you want to divide the zinc concentration by the phosphorus concentration you’ll get a ratio slightly larger than 1. Statistically the difference is not significant and looking for a certain zinc or a certain phosphorus concentration is probably a waste of time. Having said that, a person is free to spend all the time they want on it. What does the wear scar on Project Farm say? LOL

View attachment 184936

Last edited:
I cannot imagine a valid reason to drain your oil after a track day...Unless you have a clapped out engine and massive fuel dilution there is no reason other than it may Make You feel Better. We've run Redline, Motul, M1, etc. and each and every one of those oils has been fine after 10-12 true Racing hours...Not just a track day/drivers ed event. Motul can easily go 20-24 hours safely...and they do at Lemans and many other endurance races that Porsche participate in.
Top Fuel every pass it’s dumped. LOL

Finally got my dream car (Porsche 2016 GT3 RS) and looking for the best oil, which seems more compliccated on the 2016 991.1 GT3 RS, and GT3 as they have finger follower wear issues, between the finger follower and the cam shaft. The finger follower wears, and sends material into the engine, and then requires a engine replacement (expensive). The GT3 is under a 10 year warranty from Porsche, the GT3 RS is NOT, even though they have the same finger follower, but other changes that are suppose to "fix" the issue. Not all units affects, just the ones with inclusions in the finger follower.

The factory spec'd oil is Mobil 1 FS Euro 0w-40.

What say y'all? This is for a garage queen that won't start in an ambient in less than 45F.

You could not convince me to use anything other than Redline HP 10W-40 in a water-cooled Porsche 911, including this one.

...just like you couldn't convince me to use anything other than Redline HP 10W-50 in a air-cooled Porsche 911.

..no amount of technical gobbledegook from anyone would convince me otherwise.

..and BTW, their additive package is not "old school". that thought comes from years ago when they had really high zinc (about 2300 ppm, too high for daily, more normal use) because they were catering mostly to track. today it's different with zinc/phosphorous in 1200 range which is perfect, not too high but not too low. a very "healthy" dose of moly and thankfully they still use a very good amount of calcium(except their SP line which they reduce calcium and increase mag for those that think they need that).

RL HP 10W-40
VIS @ 100C-14.6
VIS @ 40C-94
FP C/F-245/473
Noack-3
HTHS-4.6

You could not convince me to use anything other than Redline HP 10W-40 in a water-cooled Porsche 911, including this one.

...just like you couldn't convince me to use anything other than Redline HP 10W-50 in a air-cooled Porsche 911.

..and BTW, their additive package is not "old school". that thought comes from years ago when they had really high zinc (about 2300 ppm, too high for daily, more normal use) because they were catering mostly to track. today it's different with zinc/phosphorous in 1200 range which is perfect, not too high but not too low. a very "healthy" dose of moly and thankfully they still use a very good amount of calcium(except their SP line which they reduce calcium and increase mag for those that think they need that).

RL HP 10W-40
VIS @ 100C-14.6
VIS @ 40C-94
FP C/F-245/473
Noack-3
HTHS-4.6
People cannot be convinced about a lot of stuff like that earth is round (almost).

People cannot be convinced about a lot of stuff like that earth is round (almost).

The flat-earth theory of today is a tactic called "poisoning the well" and is use effectively by shills(and those who fall for it) to go against anyone with a different narrative from either the MSM or .gov. it makes them look like morons.

RL HP 10W-40
VIS @ 100C-14.6
VIS @ 40C-94
FP C/F-245/473
Noack-3
HTHS-4.6
I agree with your logic. If your a racer, and you've got good history with an oil, then stick with what you know. Redline makes a **** good oil. Now let's talk about tires lol lol

The flat-earth theory of today is a tactic called "poisoning the well" and is use effectively by shills(and those who fall for it) to go against anyone with a different narrative from either the MSM or .gov. it makes them look like morons.
Well, now I know I can safely ignore everything else you've written. 🤣

Changed my oil this past weeked to Mobil 1 5W50 FS X2.

In 65F degree starting temp, the engine is definitely bit noiser at start, however when fully hot at the end of a drive, seems less ticky.

OIl pressure seems 5psi higher too compared to what I suspect was in there, Mobil 1 0W40 Euro.

Sent off the old oil for analysis, will post when it comes back.

Bumping this back up:

Between these two oils, which is the better oil for short change intervals?

Oils are from the same brand. Keep the name out to lower the Bias. :)

Oil 1 or Oil 2?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-01 124533.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-01 124533.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 56
Bumping this back up:

Between these two oils, which is the better oil for short change intervals?

Oils are from the same brand. Keep the name out to lower the Bias. :)

Oil 1 or Oil 2?
It depends. B-)

Seriously though, it does depend upon your intended use....but only if you are going for track time or long OCI's. Otherwise, either will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back