Porsche Carrera GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
Every Saturday morning here in Toronto we have a little get together for the Porsche, Corvette and other exotic car owners, and a Porsche Carrera GT showed up yesterday!

newcamera018au1.jpg

newcamera002qx7.jpg

newcamera007hw0.jpg

newcamera003nq3.jpg

It's a great car but from what I recall reading, Porsche had a hard time selling them. I bet the new super Vette that is coming out next year will equal or exceed it's performance for a fraction of the cost.

I find the GT's interior absolutely hideous. I like the older Porsche's interior a lot better.

Quote:

Very nice!

Vettes are now considered "exotic"??

No, what I meant was that the get together is made up of Porsches, Corvettes, AND exotics. I realize that Porsches and Corvettes are not exactly in the exotic car category (although this Carrera GT certainly qualifies!)

Most of the cars that show up every week are Corvettes and Porsches, but we do get stuff like a Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari Maranello, Ferrari Daytona, Ferrari Dino, Aston Martin Vanquish, Detomaso Pantera, and so on. You never know what is going to show up every week, that's the beauty of this get together. Best part of all, no attitudes! The guy who owned this Carrera GT was totally down to earth, not a snob at all, and I've yet to meet anyone at this get together who was a snob.

I love the back of the GT, but I think the front is ugly.

There is a big difference between a 'car guy' and some rich snob who drives an exotic just to impress people.

I rode in one not too long after they came out, to this day no car I've been in can even begin to come close to that piece of machinery. No matter what you think, believe me, a ride will blow your mind. That chassis/engine/suspension are a century ahead most other cars. Not to mention it can really go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back