Pop's gone / stage 4 glioblastoma in the thalamus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your loss. You were blessed to have your father around so long. I lost mine when I was 16. My Mom suffered for years before going at age 79. I know this must be a tough time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

My sincere condolences. Many years ago I went through a divorce and thought it was the worse thing. Until, I lost a parent. Cherish their memory and they will live on in spirit. I cherish their birth day.....

Sincerely,

Pajero

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Mine is 99 and in hospice now. My wife is fighting cancer. Life can be tough.

Warren,

My condolences. I lost my dad to cancer in 1992 when I was 19 years old.

Here are some thoughts that I've told myself throughout the years when I think of my dad.

It's because of my dad that:

- I learned how to change my own oil
- How to work on my cars
- How to tackle a car/house repair yourself before paying someone to do it for you
- How patience is virtue
- How to treat your family, your wife, your kids.
- How to be a man

If it wasn't for my dad, I wouldn't be who I am today.

May he rest in peace.

Such sad news, wemay, my best condolences to you and your family.

I lost my mother over 30 years ago and my father has been gone for nearly 20 years and I still think of things that I desperately wish that I could ask them about. Dad died two months after my daughter was born and her first plane ride was for his funeral instead of to meet him, much to my regret. The joy and work of having a little one in the house helped to take my mind off my loss and brighten my mood, and I hope you get the same comfort from your child.

I feel awful for your loss, in fact the room just became incredibly dusty right now for some reason.

//
long sigh, deep breath
//

Your father will always be with you in spirit. That way, he's never really gone as long as you keep him in your memory.

If there's anything I can do to help let me know, even if you feel like you want to get something off your chest, my PM box is open.

Thank you all for the kind words, advice, and sharing your personal stories of pain in an effort to let me and others know, we're never alone.

I'm sorry to hear about you father, life takes it's course and theres nothing we can to about it. Seems like you did all you could so hopefully there's no regrets on your part, (pretty common when you lose a loved one ). Definitely the most difficult time in your life when you lose a loved one no matter the age, Only time will heal the pain.
My coworker lost his mom about a month ago, suicide due to mental health issues, he is devastated, and among other things he reminds me everyday to say I love you to your loved ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back