Pontiac done on mon.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FXjohn
they should keep just the G8 under the buick badge

I respectfully disagree. Government Motors should drop the Buick, Saturn, and GMC lines completely. GM does not need two luxury car lines. Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac. 3 distinct lines for buyers. Pontiac could have returned to it's roots... Wide Track, The Trans-Am, and a modernized GTO, similar to the Charger from that other bankrupt car company.PS, I know Buick is hot in Asian markets... easily solved, they are great at re-badging. That line could become the Cadirack. :)

I'm still trying to figure out why GMC is in while Pontiac is out. Pontiac has been a brand starved for products for decades and now that it finally receives some cars deserving of the brand - Solstice & G8 - they kill it? GMC doesn't even have any products for crying out loud! Every single vehicle is just a trim level for a Chevy!

If they were smart at all they'd bring the Sky or Solsice under the Chevy name and keep it alive. The Miata has been a runaway sales success for Mazda since its inception. The Porsche Boxter was a big contributor to keeping Porsche above water until the Cayenne came along. Look how long the Honda S2000 model run lasted. GM needs that car in the fold. They should bring over the G8 while they're at it and use a long, sharp butcher knife on the current Impala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back