Polish and Wax a New Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a lot of work for protection that will last 6 weeks. I honestly never wash again after claying. The surface is clean. I wouldn't spend $5 on NXT. It looks nice, is easy to use, smells nice, but that's it. It doesn't last, and it stains trim. There aren't many decent choices at Walmart. Maybe the new Ultimate Wax or Mothers SynWax (if they still carry it)?

I ended up with getting the liquid Nu Finish at my local Walmart. It is now going to be carried there where in the past it was only available in the paste. It had a "It's Back" sticker protruding from the shelf, not to mention $6.00 compared to $8.50 at AAP and $8.99 at Oreilly.

So I mixed a heavily concentrated bucket of Dawn, washed and rinsed with our pressure washer. I lightly dried and began to clay. It worked out that it was lightly raining, which cooled the called for 100 degree day, and assisted in the clay barring of the Corolla with Meguirs Clay Bar Kit. I added Quick Detail to "lube" the clay and got more off the surfaces facing upward (top of cabin, trunk, hood) and little off the sides. Again, I washed with the Dawn wash, cleaned tires and backed into the garage where it was completly dried. We applied (1) complete coat of Nu Finish to the entire car. I had never applied Nu Finish, but it went on as easy as any other wax/polish I've applied and came off just as easy. I estimate the temperature to be high 80's and a high humidity, but it dried reasonably quick and thorough. My brother went in and I applied yet another coat of Nu Finish to the upward facing surfaces (top of cabin, truck, hood, top of fenders), the front-end and the hubcaps. I wanted to add the coat of Meguiars Carnuaba, but it was 11:30 and my arm was feeling the hand-applied (2) coats of Nu Finish. I at the least would like to add the carnauba to the upward facing surfaces but plan to cover the entire car. Oh, and I dressed the tires out with Armor All Tire Foam after the coat on the hubcaps.

I may try to post a few pics manana.

The paint on a new car doesn't have to cure, body shop work OTOH does. Wash, clay, and apply your favorite product. I like the Collinite products. A coat of 476S followed by 845 is what I'd use. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
The paint on a new car doesn't have to cure, body shop work OTOH does. Wash, clay, and apply your favorite product. I like the Collinite products. A coat of 476S followed by 845 is what I'd use. JMO

I would have liked to have tried a product like Collinite, Klass, Zaino, etc., however, money is factor these days and availability was more difficult. I'll keep it in mind if the opportunity presents itself.

For those that don't read entire threads, I've been debating a few options, but decided to go with Nu Finish liquid polish(or sealant) and a top coat of Meguiar's Carnauba wax.

Corolla002.jpg

Corolla005.jpg

Corolla007.jpg

Corolla004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back