Turtle wax new polishing compound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated the swirls their old white can of polishing compound left behind and the overall abrasiveness of the product but I've been using their new squeeze bottle polish and have to say I'm impressed. I usually use meguiars swirl remover but always though it was just a bit too weak. The new turtle wax says it uses advanced nanotechnology (seems to be the new buzzword going around). I'm kinda leary about the whole nanotechnology bandwagon everyone is jumping into, Eagle One's nano wax in the silver lotion bottle I absolutely despise, it says levels and fills in scratches but whenever I've used it it seems to amplify the look of the swirl marks on my car like no other. Zymol doesn't say nano anything and does one of the best in my opinion, I hate marketing. The new polish feels just a bit rougher using my fingernail test, surprisingly only about as rough as meguiar's gold class car wax, but using my cd-r test it left no descernable scratches.

If you can't tell by now I have kinda a crusade against that particular wax because when I've spent hours polishing a show car to absolute mirror perfection; wet sanding, washing, claying and 3 progressively finer polshing steps glaze and then finish off with gold class and having the car turn out with a worse hazier shine than the previous step and having to dewax polish and reapply a better wax, that particular moment will stay with you a long time. I hate Meguiar's Gold Class car wax.

But anyway using by hand or random orbit I feel it's as safe to use as any seasonal polish. Just to test I polished a delicate enamel finish on a model car to test how much it "eats" away the finish, but even with a high speed dremel and foam polishing pad it wore away only a minimal amount of the paint, about as much as a normal cleaner wax. So I can say with a lot of confidence I like the new squeeze bottle turtle wax polish.

Does it really correct the swirls or does it do a lot of hiding? I've seldom found any OTC products (excluding Meg's professional line) that actually corrects.

Mothers Power Polish also can do correction however it can be hard to find OTC. It is a pad dependent polish similar to Optimum Polish.

Yes it does correct. I was wary too so I wiped the area on my car down with lacquer thinner to remove any oils or waxes it left behind. I doubt any was left because I buffed it out with a clean microfiber rag. The scratches and swirls didn't come back. This is as good as 3M liquid polishing compound for about half the price at 8 bucks and is available at most any auto store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back