Salt Spots and Something That Looks Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after much debacle as to which polish, sealant or wax to use on the new '11 Corolla, I decided on NuFinish with a top coat of Meguiar's Carnauba Wax. That thread is here:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2320842#Post2320842
I went on vacation last week to the beach and got salt spray and a crazy "rust" spot. I don't think it's rust but has the rust color. I washed the car the day I got home and found the salt spot on the truck lid where water pools and the "rust" discoloration is on the rear bumper that faces upward. Again, washed with Turtle Wax Car Wash and a microfiber rag and put effort into the "rust" spot and it didn't come off.

Do you think it's in the polish/wax? I'm thinking and hoping so.

Anyway to get it off without having to strip the entire coats I applied? What to do? Leave it and see if it comes off with another wash?

got a picture? You could not have picked a better wax(sealent) then NuFinish. It even stands up to salt and road chemicals. I would skip the Carnauba Wax as it is not needed and may lesson then time NuFinish will protect.

did you park it under any tree lately? I did have this problem when I parked it under a tree. The spot (looked like rust) did not go away with the wash, but did come out after I used nufinish. Try polishing the spot with nufinish, its a good cleaner.

The salt spot is so faint that I don't believe my camera would pick it out of the paint. I'll try to get a picture of the "rust" looking spot.

The car didn't have the "rust" looking spot before we went to the beach, and when at the beach, I was in an open condominium parking lot. It might be seagull poo, I hadn't thought of that.

I've got to perform the first oil change either this afternoon or tomorrow, I may try to wash the car again and see if it comes out with the second wash with special attention to those areas again. We'll see how energetic I feel, I may strip and apply a new coat of NuFinish Liquid Polish(Sealant). It's a good thing it's $6.00 at Wal-Mart.

did you check out my post on iron x? i promise you that is what your seeing, iron deposits. iron x will "bleed" it right out. used it today. you can thank me later
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back