Polestar 2 rental review

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
This is my first time driving an EV for an extended period of time, and I have to say once the initial novelty wears off it's just like driving a car with an ICE. The one pedal driving is the biggest change, but I quickly got used to that (it's adjustable and a creep mode can be turned on if one wants to mimic an ICE vehicle).

I think the Polestar is a very sharp looking vehicle with a well thought out interior that has some unique materials and textures. The seats are comfortable, the ride is firm but not punishing and it handles very predictably. Power is of course is silky smooth with instant gobs of torque. The brakes are really only needed for emergencies, the car quickly decelerates when you take your foot off the gas and even when traffic stopped suddenly in front of me I didn't need to use them.

Tech is great of course with this being an EV. I like the gauge cluster and touchscreen, Google Maps and apps are built in, and I can now see why automakers are getting away from Android Auto and Carplay as the infotainment system does everything your phone does plus has integration to the vehicle. Google Maps knows your charge state and can route you to charge stations along your route if needed and will let you know what your estimated charge will be once you reach your destination. I haven't really played around with it in depth or done any customization, just plugged the address in and hit go.

Pricing starts under $50k and it qualifies for a $7,500 tax credit, I'd say it's worth it.

E93EIVQ.jpg

RV6e53m.jpg

DciI5OQ.jpg

UipDxz3.jpg

A7bR92L.jpg

I have to admit I spit my drink out laughing so hard at the thread title haha. I haven’t heard of or seen one of these before. Nice review. Looks like a nice car.

The Polestars are nice, but range is not so good. They claim 270 to 300, but 200 miles is more like it.
I love 1 pedal driving.

At first glance of the title I thought you were trimming trees with a pole saw. Good review and glad you like the car. It's not bad looking at all either.

The Polestars are nice, but range is not so good. They claim 270 to 300, but 200 miles is more like it.
I love 1 pedal driving.

I drove 130 miles and wore the battery down 50%. SFO airport > Downtown SF > Sausalito > DT SF > Fremont > DT SF > SFO. A few WOT pulls in there and I feel like freeway driving kills the battery more than city driving...I'm a cheapskate even when on the company's dime, the hotel wanted $85/night for valet parking but I found a public garage with EV charging at Union Square for $44/night and only had to plug in before returning to the airport.

t8lEORL.jpg

I drove 130 miles and wore the battery down 50%. SFO airport > Downtown SF > Sausalito > DT SF > Fremont > DT SF > SFO. A few WOT pulls in there and I feel like freeway driving kills the battery more than city driving...I'm a cheapskate even when on the company's dime, the hotel wanted $85/night for valet parking but I found a public garage with EV charging at Union Square for $44/night and only had to plug in before returning to the airport.

t8lEORL.jpg

Yes speed is much more of a range killer than stop 'n go traffic for an electric vehicle. That's true at least if you manage to use regenerative braking in traffic.

Back