Polaris ranger 570 efi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new ranger 570 is almost done with the breakin period .I don't plan on buying Polaris oil .Looking at schaeffers and reline 5w50(which is the spec weight).I have a jug of mobil1 tdt 5w40,but may use it in something else. Cost really isn't a factor being it gets changed 1 time a year , so what's the opinion on Schaeffers,redline,amsoil ect.

Last edited:
I've been running QSUD 5w-50, which is available again on Amazon for about $36.00/6qts.

I've got a 6 pack of Mobil1 5w-50 waiting. Mobil1 5w-50 is often on sale at NAPA, if you have one nearby.

I'm no Castrol fan but Castrol 5w-50 is available at Wal-Mart and I'm sure it would be fine.

Redline and Amsoil have a good rep on the Polaris forums.

Last edited:
I've been using the Schaeffer's in my Scrambler 850 for 20 months now. It has indeed served me well. See latest UOAs here.

My only concern with the Schaeffer's is overkill, the zinc may be so high that it actually leads to corrosion in the engine. I don't think these Polaris engines need that much zinc, I plan on trying something else when my stash of Schaeffer's runs out. Haven't figured out exactly what yet, maybe the Castrol 5w50.

On another note, I have a Ranger 570 that I chose to use Klotz new 0w40 UTV oil in. I haven't done an analysis yet, but will post when I do. I have nothing good or bad to say about the Klotz yet, but I replaced the rear chaincase fluid with Klotz and you can tell the difference in slickness of shifting now, much slicker shifts.

Talking to a rep from schaeffers,the high zinc/phos in their 5w50 will not be an issue.
Must have other additives that prevent the corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back