Pocket Hose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny. At first I couldn't get it. Did a web search. Still didn't find it. Then, it just hit me like a brick. I must be old-school about some things. I figure that most of us type so fast that it isn't that much trouble to avoid abbreviation/acronym use. Texting is where it really comes in handy, though.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Funny. At first I couldn't get it. Did a web search. Still didn't find it. Then, it just hit me like a brick. I must be old-school about some things. I figure that most of us type so fast that it isn't that much trouble to avoid abbreviation/acronym use. Texting is where it really comes in handy, though.

DASA=Defense Atomic Support Agency, at the Pentagon. Where I was assigned in 1965 when I was in the service. It was what The Manhattan Project morphed into.

I understand, and will use more common acronyms in the future.

....Was still fun though.........
coffee2.gif

Acronyms can change meaning over time. I discovered a 1951 newspaper article about my dad with the title "DP earns wings" (paratrooper).

Because he was an immigrant from Europe, I was astounded that they would call him a Dumb "Polish person" (he was actually Lithuanian, but I assumed a newspaper error).

Then, I learned that DP was common back then for Displaced Person.
crackmeup2.gif
21.gif

I remember the "DP" meaning Displaced Person.

BTW used the hose again with no complaints, so far so good, or is it SFSG. Just joking.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Anyone out there have any experience with this "As Seen On TV" Pocket Hose? I bought one today at WalMart, and used it to wash the car, very lightweight, and did shrink back as they claimed. Just wondering about others experiences.

Don't need any replys from those who claim none of the "As Seen On TV" is any good when they have not actually tried the product.

Wishing actual experience.

You live a shallow life.

You're lucky you're getting old.

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Anyone out there have any experience with this "As Seen On TV" Pocket Hose? I bought one today at WalMart, and used it to wash the car, very lightweight, and did shrink back as they claimed. Just wondering about others experiences.

Don't need any replys from those who claim none of the "As Seen On TV" is any good when they have not actually tried the product.

Wishing actual experience.

You live a shallow life.

You're lucky you're getting old.

What does this reply supposed to mean?

What does this reply have to do with a pocket hose?

Lucky I'm getting old? No Blessed is the word!

Now then back to the topic of the hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back