Please Recommend a Chassis Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gday folks :)

Can I please have recommendations on:

* Lithium based (or compatible with) #2 grease for all lube points (steering links, prop shaft splines. u joints, double cardan jount etcetc)
* My vehicle gets exposed to allot of dust, dirt, offroad, some snow in winter and water crossings. Its a severe environment.
* Im not overly concerned with cost unless its an extreme price
* A product I can buy in Australia

My manual says to use moly for some and non moly for others but Ive decided based on advice here to simply use one grease in my grease gun which seems to be pretty much what pro shops do anyway.

Thanks.

If you are considered about water resistance (water crossings?) I would look at something other than a Lithium Complex grease. Calcium 12 Hydroxystearate, Calcium Sulfonate, and Aluminum Complex greases will generally have much better water resistance.

I have no idea what is commonly available in your area. Do you have a Caterpillar dealer nearby? Cat Desert Gold grease is a calcium sulfonate grease with decent specifications: http://www.cat.com/cda/files/1386255/7/NEHP6012-02.pdf?m=293115&x=7

Thanks Rob yes I do have cat dealers in australia. I tried to lookup grease compatability with lithium grease against calcium sulfnata complex and got confused about how to use the table.

Also I see its a 5% moly grease - is it better to use moly or non moly when used for all zerk fittings?

water crossings = crossing rivers when in 4wd on rural roads or offroad

A calcium sulfonate grease is considered compatible with a lithium complex grease. That said, I always recommend purging out the old grease with the new (assuming the application allows that) to avoid any potential issues.

You can use the moly grease on all the chassis zerks on your vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back