Please rank these oils for my upcoming OCIs

Select from D1 / Gen 2 ; SP synthetic oils and call it a day . If you have a GDI engine then select Valvoline Advanced Synthetic or M1 EP synthetic oils.

Select from D1 / Gen 2 ; SP synthetic oils and call it a day . If you have a GDI engine then select Valvoline Advanced Synthetic or M1 EP synthetic oils.
Great comment. Though, Costco's Kirkland branded oils have been good to me at the right price-point. So far, so good. :)

That would be Providence (Rural King) Full Synthetic 5W-30 Dexos 1.2 for $16.99 per 5 qt jug in my case.

The problem is people keep giving me M1 AFS 5W-20 / 5W-30 and M1 AFE 0W-20 / 0W - 30 (when they trade cars) faster than I can use it.

Last edited:
What would make any of the oils different if they have the same ratings?
Each brand may have a different amount of anti-wear or anti corrosion or anti-foam, etc. Probably not a big difference, but Havoline and Pennzoil have been tested in Taxi fleets with excellent results. I would say the right fuel additive may boost the wear protection, especially on the cylinders and rings, and keep the injectors like new.

Back