Please, pick me an oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: Neptune
So, If I'm going to have to be adding make up oil now and again, I don't want expensive like Mobil 1.

Any decent name-brand conventional will do just fine.

Thanks, but I have to use Dexos approved oils and straight conventional is not DEXOS. Full syn. or syn. blend.

The vehicle has the remainder of the manufacturer warranty, about 1 year, and then I purchased an extended warranty plan to keep it covered until its paid off. So, I need to use DEXOS approved 5w30.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Quaker State 5w30 Ultimate Durability is a 10 according to PQIA 2016 test results.

I rate QSUD a minus 10. I hate that stuff.

I'd like to hear this reasoning as well.

QSUD does well for our CX-5.

Merkava is saying that because he hates any ILSAC rated oil. Especially 5W-30s. He only likes non ILSAC rated 10W-30s.

Actually, Merk uses a lot of 10w-30 ILSAC rated oils. He's just under the misconception that he's running something thicker than a 5w-30 ILSAC.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Quaker State 5w30 Ultimate Durability is a 10 according to PQIA 2016 test results.

I rate QSUD a minus 10. I hate that stuff.

I'd like to hear this reasoning as well.

QSUD does well for our CX-5.

Merkava is saying that because he hates any ILSAC rated oil. Especially 5W-30s. He only likes non ILSAC rated 10W-30s.

His reasoning is used QSUD smells terrible. More useless trolling from him.

OP I prefer PPPP it is what I use. Being said just use a DEXOS-1 oil and you will be just as well off as using any other DEXOS-1 oil.

mind telling me why?

You'll find out why when your engine starts acting real tired and produces a lot of white noise. And if you do run it for an entire OCI, whatever you do, don't let it sit out in the sun while still in the drain pan.

mind telling me why?

You'll find out why when your engine starts acting real tired and produces a lot of white noise. And if you do run it for an entire OCI, whatever you do, don't let it sit out in the sun while still in the drain pan.

21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back