Please Offer Your Opinions

Hello!

I’d like forum members’ opinions on which oil from the following choices to use in 10,000-mile OCI’s on my 2021 Ford F150 with a 5.0 engine. The truck is driven all hwy, 108 miles daily.

Price is not relevant, so please leave that out of your equation. Please just tell me which oil and why! Thank you!

Valvoline Extended Protection (Dexos 3) 5w30

Castrol GTX Full Synthetic (Dexos 3) 5w30

Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5w30

M1 EP. A little overkill for the application in case the cylinder deactivation causes issues with oil life we haven't seen on older models. Especially since you lost a quart of oil capacity.

10K? All highway? Any of the 3 would be fine-but I use the M1 EP myself, and the M1 rebates are coming soon... Although, if money is NO OBJECT-then I vote for Red Line!

He likely wants a certified oil in which case I don't see rebottled Kendall as an upgrade over M1 EP.

The Castrol has the highest viscosity of the three, but I think I'd pick M1 EP because it's marginally the highest quality. Really, any of those oils would do great. You should pick based on what your gut tells you.

Hello!

I’d like forum members’ opinions on which oil from the following choices to use in 10,000-mile OCI’s on my 2021 Ford F150 with a 5.0 engine. The truck is driven all hwy, 108 miles daily.

Price is not relevant, so please leave that out of your equation. Please just tell me which oil and why! Thank you!

Valvoline Extended Protection (Dexos 3) 5w30

Castrol GTX Full Synthetic (Dexos 3) 5w30

Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5w30
🍿🍿

No he isn't. Ford recommends you follow the IOLM and that's going to be 10,000 mi or 12 months in that kind of service based on the 2011+ Fords I've driven.
Yeah and Ford also recommends crazy intervals on the transmission , rear diff. and other fluids . His truck his money .

Back