Please help me oil recommendations!! Supercharged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: powpowtux
I was just asking a question about oil. now it turned into morons trying to out acronym each other, ....

It gets far worse than that on BITOG at times. Welcome to BITOG! hee-hee
Actually, a lot of good stuff on here when some members don't get weird.

Another thing to do: Run your Mobil1 5w-30 like you've been doing, except fill it low by 1/2 quart. Now put in 1/2 quart Mobil 1 Racing 0w-30 oil, as its got lots of moly, so you'll actually raise the moly content in your sump up to about 250 ppm that way. For warranty, just tell them you use Mobil1 with receipts so you're covered.

Also, switch oil filters to Fram Ultra, as it gets 5 micron particles out at 80% on the 4548-12 test. Mobil1 paper/cellulose/glass oil filters don't perform as well. Keep particles out better, and Ultra is engineered for great flow too using an all-synthetic-fiber media, no cellulose in there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A_Harman

Honestly who cares, I am not an attorney who cares what the company name is...

OK, pardon me. As an enthusiast, I thought at least you would like to know who made your supercharger.

I was just asking a question about oil. now it turned into morons trying to out acronym each other, get a life bud. you can get "twin vortices system" tattooed on ur sac! you have proven you are so much cooler and smarter than everyone here. jump in ur slowmaro and enjoy urself.

OK, about oil for your CTS-V with the LSA engine. Use M1 5w30 with the dexos1 label on the bottle. Change oil according to the OLM. That should work just fine. Don't worry about the ZDDP content, as that is only an issue with engines that have SCF's.

LOL!!!

normally they would but they have beaten this horse to death and surely TVS is sharing some expense in replacing all the blowers...

There is no company called TVS. The blowers are made by Eaton. TVS is their marketing label for "Twin Vortices System".

OK, pardon me. As an enthusiast, I thought at least you would like to know who made your supercharger.

LOL even harder!!!

I was just asking a question about oil. now it turned into morons trying to out acronym each other, get a life bud. you can get "twin vortices system" tattooed on ur sac! you have proven you are so much cooler and smarter than everyone here. jump in ur slowmaro and enjoy urself.

OK, about oil for your CTS-V with the LSA engine. Use M1 5w30 with the dexos1 label on the bottle. Change oil according to the OLM. That should work just fine. Don't worry about the ZDDP content, as that is only an issue with engines that have SCF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back