Please help me chose a wax and dry product

I am looking for a easy to use wax and thinking I might try one of the ones you spray on just after you use a manual car wash with the hand held spray wand. Right now I am trying to chose between:

1) Turtle Wax Ice Premium Car Spray Wax Triger 20 oz for $8.97

2) Turtle Wax Quick and Easy 1 Step Wax and Dry Spray Wax 26 oz for $4.47

or is there something else I should be considering?

This is for the 2016 Honda CR-V that I bought in February. The dealer detailed it and water still beads on it but I think I should use something on it to add some more wax once in a while. It is one of those weird colors that looks completely different in different lighting conditions. It is called bronze, sometimes it looks dark red, and sometimes it looks like red with a lot of brown mixed in with it. It depends on how the sunlight is shining.

I will most likely use a self service car wash, and after that spray it with one of these products, and dry it with a roll of good quality paper towels like Brawny or Bounty.

Which of the above products should I use?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
I like eagle one wax as u dry. It does not leave a haze but does leave a waxy greasy appearance.May not be the best for appearance but i think its one of the best protecting wipe and dry products. Great protection on my travel trailer.

Last edited:
1. Requires you to dry the car first, then apply.

2. The Wax and Dry, you apply while the car is still wet. For your intent, go with that.

Drying? Don't use paper towels. You'll risk scratching the paint. Get microfiber towels.

Am I assuming you'll be bringing your own 2 buckets to the self-serve?

Last edited:
I'd personally get an SiO2 spray, which beads water like crazy, and then blow the car off. Minimize touching. Only wipe what is absolutely necessary.

Works great for me.

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
I am looking for a easy to use wax and thinking I might try one of the ones you spray on just after you use a manual car wash with the hand held spray wand. Right now I am trying to chose between:

1) Turtle Wax Ice Premium Car Spray Wax Triger 20 oz for $8.97

2) Turtle Wax Quick and Easy 1 Step Wax and Dry Spray Wax 26 oz for $4.47

or is there something else I should be considering?

This is for the 2016 Honda CR-V that I bought in February. The dealer detailed it and water still beads on it but I think I should use something on it to add some more wax once in a while. It is one of those weird colors that looks completely different in different lighting conditions. It is called bronze, sometimes it looks dark red, and sometimes it looks like red with a lot of brown mixed in with it. It depends on how the sunlight is shining.

I will most likely use a self service car wash, and after that spray it with one of these products, and dry it with a roll of good quality paper towels like Brawny or Bounty.

Which of the above products should I use?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Turtle Wax Seal & Shine or Ceramic Hybrid are both super easy and bead water for months. I'd go the Ceramic personally. They're probably not "waxes" but my dark blue and blue/green cars look like mirrors and feel so slippery 2 weeks after their wash right now! The water beading in the rain the last two days was beautiful.

First, I would get yourself a good microfiber drying towel and skip the paper towels. Second, if you're dead set on a wax as you dry product then I would get the Turtle Wax Ceramic Wet Wax or Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax.

If you don't mind putting in a little more effort though, I'd probably go with the Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating.

if you are just using the pressure washer to clean the paint then want to wipe on a product, you will scratch the paint,

NO pressurewasher will remove the film of dirt on the car. only the heavy stuff, if you wipethe film and try to buff in the spray on product, you will grind the film into the paint,

i recommend using a mit to wipe down the car after soaping it up and before rinse. this is he only way to get the film off,

Also please dont ue the brush in the car wash on your paint, these are tires and rims only. maybe mud flaps. they are always dirty and who knows how much clay and sand are in them. this is a hard learned lesson. work fast with a mit and onone will bother you. if you break out a bucket, and take a hour then you might get a visit,

Originally Posted by JHZR2
I'd personally get an SiO2 spray, which beads water like crazy, and then blow the car off. Minimize touching. Only wipe what is absolutely necessary.

Works great for me.

This right here.

A couple of years ago somebody on this site recommended Armor All 'Extreme Shield' wax
(it came in a yellow box). I bought it and found it very easy to use with great durability.
I found it interesting that you remove it asap without letting it dry....and yet it's so durable.

PS: As I stated in another post....I use regular Turtle Wax or just about anything decent that's on sale because
I wax in spring and fall.... more for paint protection than looks...so I can't really tell you whether the AA 'Extreme
Shield' gives a good shine....they all do IMO. (compared with what my car looked like before washing and
waxing it)...

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
if you are just using the pressure washer to clean the paint then want to wipe on a product, you will scratch the paint,

NO pressurewasher will remove the film of dirt on the car. only the heavy stuff, if you wipethe film and try to buff in the spray on product, you will grind the film into the paint,

i recommend using a mit to wipe down the car after soaping it up and before rinse. this is he only way to get the film off,

Also please dont ue the brush in the car wash on your paint, these are tires and rims only. maybe mud flaps. they are always dirty and who knows how much clay and sand are in them. this is a hard learned lesson. work fast with a mit and onone will bother you. if you break out a bucket, and take a hour then you might get a visit,

this is DEAD ON correct! never touch your paint after using a car wash pressure sprayer, dirt is still on it and you will scratch it. Hand washing is the only correct way to do it before applying product.

Back