Best spray wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly OT but I think it fits in here. What happens when you use a spray wax, and then a week later you decide to do a real wax job? Aside from washing the car is there any additional prep work required in order to get a good bond from the wax since a spray wax was used? I'm not a fan of over doing it with polish, cleaner waxes, or clay unless it is needed. Thanks!

From what I read, straight line wiping and wax applying is preferred to circular motions. Use quality applicators and towels. Microfiber is best. When washing, use the two bucket method. All of these help to reduce swirls.

I think rubbing alcohol has mineral oil in it and can leave a residue.
It might be a cleaner wipe down with the 91% stuff, usually on the same shelf in the drug store.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Slightly OT but I think it fits in here. What happens when you use a spray wax, and then a week later you decide to do a real wax job? Aside from washing the car is there any additional prep work required in order to get a good bond from the wax since a spray wax was used? I'm not a fan of over doing it with polish, cleaner waxes, or clay unless it is needed. Thanks!

No, spray wax is weak compared to a true wax, I wax over with no prior prep and get Xcellent results with the paste wax
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

No, spray wax is weak compared to a true wax, I wax over with no prior prep and get Xcellent results with the paste wax
cheers3.gif

That's what I thought, thanks!

Originally Posted By: 007
How about "Zymol".

The stuff for $18 at Walmart is made by Turtle Wax.

quote=SatinSilver]
Originally Posted By: 007
How about "Zymol".

The stuff for $18 at Walmart is made by Turtle Wax. [/quote]

Is it any good?

I don't know why people comment about the smell of quick detailers and/or waxes...who cares what they smell like? All I care about is how they look, protect, and ease of application...if you want something that smells good get a bottle of Febreze...

Originally Posted By: grampi
I don't know why people comment about the smell of quick detailers and/or waxes...who cares what they smell like? All I care about is how they look, protect, and ease of application...if you want something that smells good get a bottle of Febreze...

You may of just come up with the next craze in waxes. I can see in now, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Car Wax with Febreze!

A LOT of people, actually. In fact, I'd say that you're in the minority, Grampi.

Personally, I quite enjoy a nice-smelling spray wax/waterless wash/detail spray, etc.. It just makes the whole process more enjoyable to have the extra sensory input. Sort of like walking into a house and having it smell like baking cookies.

... that said, I'll get off your lawn.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon

A LOT of people, actually. In fact, I'd say that you're in the minority, Grampi.

Personally, I quite enjoy a nice-smelling spray wax/waterless wash/detail spray, etc.. It just makes the whole process more enjoyable to have the extra sensory input. Sort of like walking into a house and having it smell like baking cookies.

I'd take a bad smelling product that works well over a good smelling one that doesn't any day of the week!

I'd take a bad smelling product that works well over a good smelling one that doesn't any day of the week!

I wouldn't use a product that doesn't work.. ever. Your post pretty much ignored the ones that work great, and smell great at the same time. Would you still prefer the bad-smelling one over the good-smelling one, if they both worked the same?

I wouldn't use a product that doesn't work.. ever. Your post pretty much ignored the ones that work great, and smell great at the same time. Would you still prefer the bad-smelling one over the good-smelling one, if they both worked the same?

I wouldn't care. I don't buy car care products based on smell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back