Please educate me in Golf Carts

1612057233946.png
I like this one.

It's going to be used to drive around the neighborhood and on local streets. I will also use it to move materials in the rear around my property from time to time.
Can it be licensed? If not someone might turn you in. Also your insurance company might have something to say about it if you plan to drive it on public streets. Just say’in. ;)

We bought an electric TXT Golf cart. Has seating for four and is used when camping. It is quiet to the point of the sound your feet make just walking. We love it and so does our 6 year old Grand daughter. We live most of the time in a very quiet 3 road neighborhood. Others here drive the neighborhood in theirs also. It won't wake up anyone. Even the dogs in the neighborhood don't wake up for it. My wife wanted a gas one until she drove our electric one. I had rented her a gas one on on one camping trip and she thought that was what she needed. Other friends of hers said that too. One drive on the electric and she was sold.

It's going to be used to drive around the neighborhood and on local streets. I will also use it to move materials in the rear around my property from time to time.

The NEV I linked to can be licensed in most areas after some “work”

If you want to have a street legal cart (depending on your municipality) it’s generally a million times easier to buy one already titled and plated for this purpose.

Generally any old golf cart won’t be allowed you will instead need to buy an NEV or work with an up fitter that sells street legal carts

There are some antiques in the street legal categories as well

The NEV I linked to can be licensed in most areas after some “work”

If you want to have a street legal cart (depending on your municipality) it’s generally a million times easier to buy one already titled and plated for this purpose.

Generally any old golf cart won’t be allowed you will instead need to buy an NEV or work with an up fitter that sells street legal carts

There are some antiques in the street legal categories as well

I'm lucky that were I live, it's legal to drive golf carts on roads < 35 mph. It's a wonky South Carolina rule.

I've bought and sold a few dozen over the years as I get them dirt cheap at a local auction (tyically around $300-$500 in good running condition)

I prefer the Club Cars (as someone has already mentioned, they're aluminum and don't rust)

Pick your poison when it comes to power

Can't beat electric when it comes to simplicity and offroad torque, but be prepared to spend at least $500 bucks on replacement batteries every 4 to 5 years.

It can get pretty spendy when you start modifying (hi-torque motors, controllers, switches, wiring, etc.)

The gassers are better suited for longer distance and higher speeds

The old Kawasaki motors in the Club Cars will run forever as long as you maintain them.

Got this Villager 8 gasser for $501 (silent auction......beat out the next highest bidder by a buck lol)

newlimocart2.jpg

newlimocart6.jpg

Put a Jakes 6 inch lift on it with some boggers mounted on EZ GO my neighbor gave me and coated everything in bedliner

monstercart4.jpg

monstercart.jpg

limokarttop11.jpg

limokarttop18.jpg

limokarttop19.jpg

monsterlimocarthome.jpg

monsterlimocarthome2.jpg

monsterlimocarthome3.jpg

I've actually had 16 drunken people hanging off of this thing with a full cooler out back while cruisin Daytona beach lol

Got this lifted Yamaha G16E for $300 and it worked out fine for a while until I fried the controller

That's when I threw in a D&D motor upgrade and 450Amp controller

Dang thing will climb up a wall after that lol

monstercartcamo4-640x480.jpg

monstercartcamo9-640x480.jpg

Golf-DDMotor5.jpg

monstercartminimitz-640x480.jpg

monstercartminimitz2-640x480.jpg

If you plan on driving in local traffic and using it to haul stuff, you may be better of with a KEI truck instead

Picked this one up for $501 (that one dollar bid always makes a difference lol)

Added hubcaps and coated everything in 2-tone bedliner

1000-2.jpg

1000.jpg

download.jpg

Depending on your local laws, you can register them for street use as they typically already have the necessary safety equipment

I've bought and sold a few dozen over the years as I get them dirt cheap at a local auction (tyically around $300-$500 in good running condition)

I prefer the Club Cars (as someone has already mentioned, they're aluminum and don't rust)

Pick your poison when it comes to power

Can't beat electric when it comes to simplicity and offroad torque, but be prepared to spend at least $500 bucks on replacement batteries every 4 to 5 years.

It can get pretty spendy when you start modifying (hi-torque motors, controllers, switches, wiring, etc.)

The gassers are better suited for longer distance and higher speeds

The old Kawasaki motors in the Club Cars will run forever as long as you maintain them.

Got this Villager 8 gasser for $501 (silent auction......beat out the next highest bidder by a buck lol)

newlimocart2.jpg

newlimocart6.jpg

Put a Jakes 6 inch lift on it with some boggers mounted on EZ GO my neighbor gave me and coated everything in bedliner

monstercart4.jpg

monstercart.jpg

limokarttop11.jpg

limokarttop18.jpg

limokarttop19.jpg

monsterlimocarthome.jpg

monsterlimocarthome2.jpg

monsterlimocarthome3.jpg

I've actually had 16 drunken people hanging off of this thing with a full cooler out back while cruisin Daytona beach lol

Got this lifted Yamaha G16E for $300 and it worked out fine for a while until I fried the controller

That's when I threw in a D&D motor upgrade and 450Amp controller

Dang thing will climb up a wall after that lol

monstercartcamo4-640x480.jpg

monstercartcamo9-640x480.jpg

Golf-DDMotor5.jpg

monstercartminimitz-640x480.jpg

monstercartminimitz2-640x480.jpg

If you plan on driving in local traffic and using it to haul stuff, you may be better of with a KEI truck instead

Picked this one up for $501 (that one dollar bid always makes a difference lol)

Added hubcaps and coated everything in 2-tone bedliner

1000-2.jpg

1000.jpg

download.jpg

Depending on your local laws, you can register them for street use as they typically already have the necessary safety equipment

I'd love to find one at an auction. Do you have a website or a good starting point? Thank you for all the insight.

I got all of them at Disney's weekly property control auctions.

Over the years I've picked up golf carts, utility trailers, mini trucks, full sized trucks/vans, boats, arcade games, pop corn machines, MGM stunt show vehicles (GTO's), mowers, fork lifts, etc., etc.

Thing is your business needs to be registered with them for tax purposes.

Haven't been there since covid though, so I'm not sure what's current.

Back