Pleasant Discount Tire experience today

Had a good experience with discount tire today (Like I normally do). My wife ran over something right before she got to work today that punctured both right tires on her car. Thankfully she was able to get to her parking spot at work. I went there thinking she just had one flat and there were two down. Pulled them both off and dropped them off at the closest discount tire and they patched both of them for free and had them ready for me to pickup in a few hours (they were swamped). Tires are nearly 6 years old, but still have a good bit of tread on them so I was happy I didn't have to replace them.

Other than usually still having to wait a while even with an appointment Discount tire really has their act together, at least from my experience.

I have always been completely impressed with them... on Easter weekend this spring we got a flat on a road trip and had them try to patch it. They found they couldn't patch it but they had a set of four on within an hour and were super professional. The next set I buy will be from Discount Tire.

Our is hit and miss. Sometimes they are great other times they suck.a few weeks ago I had to get a tire repaired and even with a reservation I was there over 3 hrs. I watched them take in walk-ins that came after me while my car and I sat in the parking lot.

Good service yes, but are you really going to carry on with 6 year old tyres? The last few years I've seen quite a few 2/3 year old tyres by major manafacturs with cracking between the treadblocks.

It comes down to the location and individual(s) working on your vehicle. I’ve had better experiences everywhere else, including Walmart of all places in regards to buying new tires.

Good service yes, but are you really going to carry on with 6 year old tyres? The last few years I've seen quite a few 2/3 year old tyres by major manafacturs with cracking between the treadblocks.

Everyone has their own threshold for tire age. For me I start getting pretty leery of them at 8 years old and replace regardless of appearance at 10yrs. With the number of vehicles we have and the amount we drive I rarely get to wear a tire out..

Most of the tires I've bought and owned have been from DT shops. 9/10 times I've had a great experience, and that includes a random sampling of shops in GA, TN, IN, and here in WI. Sometimes they're busy, especially these days when it's best to have an appointment, but their free rotation & balancing is worth the wait.

The closest DT shop to me (Janesville) has top-notch management, they do a great job. YMMV.

Back