Plastic repair question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I bought a starbucks water tumbler a year ago (last Summer). The tumbler has been the best bottle ever for me. I bring it everywhere (at work, class, gym, and camping). Anyway the bottle has been dropped a lot and cracked now.
Starbucks_zps7cdb1df2.jpg

I want to buy a brand new one but Starbucks doesn't make it anymore. There is one on Amazon.com but the price is $50 where it was originally $14.95. Anyway I tried to fix it by using a super glue. As you can see the picture, it is ugly and doesn't finish the job very well. There are many plastic repair kits on the market but I don't know which one will fit for the tumbler. Also I don't want to spend a fortune. Can you guys help me out? If anyone has the used(or left) repair kit, I am willing to buy it. I live in Champaign, IL, so you can calculate the shipping cost.

Thanks,
Ryan.

Generally speaking I find that plastic is non repairable. Sometimes superglue works for a while, until it doesn't! If you are lucky and the plastic is compatible with PVC pipe glue, then that will work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back