Pistol Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Arizona is very lenient.

I would say they are non restrictive. I can't believe some of the nonsense people have to go through in other states to buy and sell firearms. After almost 26 years in Arizona, I would NEVER live in another state. To me filling out that stupid 4473 is enough of a restriction. They're all shredded after 20 years anyway.

Firearms laws are one reason we don't live in Maryland. We moved up here from North Carolina this summer, and honestly had our choice of Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland. They're all close to my customer and I work remotely, so we truly had our choice of area. West Virginia is pretty much wide open. Constitutional carry (no permits for anything). Virginia is only mildly more restrictive. We have permits to carry, but the process is a joke (online class and 40 bucks at the courthouse). No photo, no fingerprints, no hassle. No restrictions on guns or magazine capacity and no purchase permits. Neither state, WV or VA, prohibits open carry.

Maryland, on the other hand, is a 2A mess. They treat their citizens like untrustables. Maryland is a may-issue state for concealed carry and, from what I understand, you are generally not granted a permit unless you can demonstrate a need for it. MD prohibits open carry. They have a plethora of firearms restrictions, including a restriction on magazine size.

So many people in our area carry, both open and concealed, and it's always a friendly reminder among the gun-toting crowd to be aware of where you're going and to ensure you've done the right thing with your gun when going over the border. Generally, the "right thing" is to not bring the gun at all.

So we don't live in Maryland.

Well, I sold the Ruger. Went down to Guns Etc. by my house and was gonna buy the Glock 17. Then I saw this Walter, held it, and liked it. Also went down to Ace Hardware and picked up 1,000 rounds of S&W ammo for $169. I'm good for 20 years.

It's a Walther PPQ M2 9mm

ftn57o.jpg

34owqhv.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Well, I sold the Ruger. Went down to Guns Etc. by my house and was gonna buy the Glock 17. Then I saw this Walter, held it, and liked it. Also went down to Ace Hardware and picked up 1,000 rounds of S&W ammo for $169. I'm good for 20 years.

It's a Walther PPQ M2 9mm

ftn57o.jpg

34owqhv.jpg

1000 rounds will last you 20 years? Do you ever plan to practice with it?

Great pistol choice!

1000 rds of ammo is two range trips... Not 20 years worth???? Autos require regular training and use to be familiar with them. If you are not willing to shoot, train, and become proficient with it, trade it for a revolver.

20 years was a bit of an exaggeration. Of course I'll practice with it but I'm not gonna just sit there and shoot and shoot and shoot.

But it will last me quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back