Pilkington Glass (Windshields)

Has anyone ever heard of this glass manufacturer?
Louisiana has a new law that if any vehicle has ANY size crack in the windshield it will NOT pass for an inspection sticker. I have an appt. next Wednesday to have my F150's windshield replaced with a Pilkington windshield. Afterwards get an inspection sticker then have the visor tint strip applied (5%).

Has anyone ever heard of this glass manufacturer?
Louisiana has a new law that if any vehicle has ANY size crack in the windshield it will NOT pass for an inspection sticker. I have an appt. next Wednesday to have my F150's windshield replaced with a Pilkington windshield. Afterwards get an inspection sticker then have the visor tint strip applied (5%).
Have an appointment this Fri. for a replacement windshield (2003 Accord) by Safelite and they use Pilkington for some of their jobs as I understand.

Pilkington and FYG are the better of the aftermarket glasses, unless your car was OEM with Saint-Gobain Sekurit which I’ve seen also available aftermarket. Almost all Pilkington aftermarket windshields come from their Mexican facility, DOT 177. DOT 15 is the old LOF line.

Stay away from XYG/PGW by LKQ(DOT 563), Benson or anything weird. Safelite isn’t bad these days - but they are still kind of hacky. I’d take Safelife over someone off the streets working out of a truck.

Guardian glass is good.
Guardian sold their non-speciality automotive(bus/truck/rail and low-volume car) business to Carlite/Carlex, who is owned by Central Glass. Central is a long-time supplier to Nissan/Subaru and took over the Carlite name from Ford.

Back