Picking up new (to me) car next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that remember this thread you'll remember I was tossed up between 2 Nissans.

I ended up biting the bullet and getting the car I actually wanted, not a fill in car.

It's a 2002 Maxima SE 6 speed with LSD. Silver. Black leather int. It doesn't have the Titanium package or the factory NAV, but it has everything else including the good trans that everyone with a 5.5gen should have.

It has 150,000k KILOMETRES (90k miles ish) and was a good price. Drives like new with no check engine lights, no noises, clutch grabbed well, nothing unusual whatsoever. Sound car.

My plans are:

Pennz Plat 5w30 and a VQ30 filter (bigger - Napa Gold)
Redline MT90 for the trans

I used to own an '02 Altima 3.5SE with manual trans so I'm pretty excited to get back into another VQ w/MT.

Just thought I'd share.
I'll post pics when I get it home next week. (Owner is driving until at least Wednesday or so next week)

Craig

Originally Posted By: SLCraig

I'll post pics when I get it home next week. (Owner is driving until at least Wednesday or so next week)

Hopefully he won't do something stupid for you.... like wreck it (or get hit) in the next few days.

When I agree to buy something, it gets parked until the deal closes.

Good choice!

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
I hope it has the 5-spoke wheels- those look the best.
congrats.

It looks like this:

500703397_1_B.jpg

Same wheels, same color.. The titanium package has a shinier finish to the wheels.

Thanks for the good feedback y'all. I thought it was a good buy too :D

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: SLCraig

Hopefully he won't do something stupid for you.... like wreck it (or get hit) in the next few days.

When I agree to buy something, it gets parked until the deal closes.

Yeah, well I haven't paid him yet. I just gave him a few hundred bucks as a deposit. I'll get it back if anything happens. The seller is actually a really nice guy, we hung out at the bar today.. lol :D

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Maxima's are nice cars - especially with a 6-speed manual!

What'cha doing with the Saturn?

I've always loved them. I started liking them during the 3rd gen, but 4th gen was always my favorite. I still prefer those, but I prefer the 3.5/6MT! (who wouldn't)

I haven't decided what to do with the Sat yet. I've put SO MANY new parts into it in the last few months. I haven't put it up for sale yet because its so clean (has been rustproofed etc)

Good Choice! Beautiful car. Agree 100%. Spend a little more and get the car you really want.It sure takes the sting out of a cold morning commute knowing you are going to be getting into a car you really like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back