Picked up new Forester today.

Congrats! I love the longitudinal setup in the Subarus. I wouldn't mind getting back into another Subaru some day!

I loved mine! Just wish the AC worked :(
7 times under warranty I had the AC fixed.
Mine is a later 2018 and missed the A/C recall. Still works great with no problems,

Love my Forester but the dealer tech wanted to replace a 6 month old pretty clean cabin filter. This was during the state mandated inspection. Don't know how much it would have cost but I declined.
I replaced the CAF in my 2018 Forester recently, and it was very quick and easy. No tools required.

Congrats! I love the longitudinal setup in the Subarus. I wouldn't mind getting back into another Subaru some day!

I loved mine! Just wish the AC worked :(
7 times under warranty I had the AC fixed.
My parents couldn't get their Subaru Imprezas A/C to ever blow really cold. They took it in several times. I suggested taking it to a different dealership

I am on my third Forester: 2008, 2218 and 22 Limited. They are hard to beat. Great visibility, you sit high and the AWD is hard to beat. '22,23, and '24 have almost no change.

Working on my wife's 2018 Forester is easier than working on my Mazda 3. The Forester has enough ground clearance I don't have to jack it up to change the oil. The only problem with hers was that the suspension was so soft it handled like a boat with excessive body roll. I fixed that by installing 1 size fatter rear swaybar, an OEM part that cost about $100 and took 30 minutes to replace. Also the throttle response is laggy - slam your foot down and it takes several seconds for the transmission to figure out what to do and get it done. But then most automatics are like that, I'm used to driving a manual where response is instantaneous. The 2018 Forester is bigger and heavier than our old 2004, yet it still gets better fuel economy which is impressive. Also it's pretty quiet inside when driving.

Back