Pick one: opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can find that everywhere here- but why wouldn't corporate valvoline do this? it would seem like a smart move

why won't the big guys at valvoline make maxlife synthetic the primary synthetic,(seeing that you can use it any car with any amount of miles) and discontinue it's maxlife production- if maxlife is a better synthetic than synpower?

I would also choose the Valvoline. I haven't tried any of the synthetic Valvoline but i love the dino stuff.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by KieferS:
why won't the big guys at valvoline make maxlife synthetic the primary synthetic,(seeing that you can use it any car with any amount of miles) and discontinue it's maxlife production- if maxlife is a better synthetic than synpower?

Americans are use to having incremental steps of product quality:
Good - Better - Best - BadA$$ - Bitchen - Titts.

Didn't Terry say that using the regular oil of any brand and adding a maintanence dose of auto-rx would be better and cheaper than buying the high mileage stuff? Or am I wrong?

Maxlife isn't recommended for new cars b/c it does not meet the Energy Conserving starburst.

Maxlife is still free after rebate, so there's my first choice.

TropArtic is a blend and is always under $2.00

Mobil 7500 sometimes goes on sale for $1.99 or so, so that would be the next choice.

Yo guys- i did some calling around. I called castrol:
me: what percentage of your blend is synthetic

her: propietory information, i can't answer that.

Me: you can't tell me anything?

her:its 10-30%

Me: Is it cf

her:let me check.....only the 15w40

VALVOLINE:
ME:what percentage of your durablend is synthetic?

her:propietory information.

me: You can't tell me anything?

Her:Nope

Me: NOTHING!?

Her: uh uh

Me:So it can be only 1 percent?

Her: giggles (pretty laugh i thank you) no, its more than one percent.

Me: what additives besides a small percentage of synthetic is in your blend?

Her:We have a special packet for the blend, with special additives only found in synthetis- we use that in our blends as well- so it is no a huge factory where we just pour synthetic into a conventional, bottle it and ship it- we measure the ingredients, so there is a fair percentage of these additives in our blends.

Me:thank you for your time
Her:no problem- thank you for calling valvoline.

quote:

Which is better between these 3 synthetic blends-Plz don't say just use full synthetic. your choice doesn't only have to be based on factsheets- just pick the one you prefer. your opinion really matters to me
smile.gif

1)Castrol syntec blens
2)Mobil clean 7500
3)valvoline blend

The only one that knows which is best is your vehicle. Get a UOA done on all three AFTER a double OCI of each.

Don't know which one to start with?
Either buy the one that's on sale right now (or) go....
...... eenee-meanie-mynee-mo
lol.gif

im thinking valvoline. Castrol has no 'CF' and there are some interesting theories to its syntec. Z9 is not the only one to say that Mobil clean 7500 made the engine louder, and google groups says valvoline is OK. + my car runs on valvoline dino right now- and VW is really picky on oil- and my car seems happy with it. So next month marks 6 months since my last oil change and i'll use valvoline durablend tough driving formula

quote:

What blend do you prefer???

MC ..but for no other reason than I have found it cheaper then other offerings on a regular basis. I tend to be a synth OR dino user (if dino is still truly dino
confused.gif
) and it's hard for me to justify the price add with the term semi-synth. MC appears to be a semi-synth with a very small premium afforded for the distinction ..at least at our loved and loathed discount retailer of choice.

Recent uoa's of ST full syn and Castrol GTX have been very, very impressive. Those oils, along with Valvoline Durablend were oils mentioned as using a newly developed add package. So therefore i would pick Valvoline Durablend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back