Phony website?

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Their prices sound too good to be true. $33 per tire?

I'm thinking of doing it anyways with a credit card I don't use often, so if I have to dispute/have the card number changed, I guess it doesn't matter to me.

Thoughts?

Highly suspicious. The address listed is in residential areas, either Hollywood, FL or West Park, FL. This company could be a drop shipper, but their website doesn't list a town name, only zip code.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Weltecinc is a clone of numerous obvious scam sites where the pictures, descriptions, and even the color scheme have been scraped from walmart. Their whois address is in Iceland. The other one's headquarters TX address is a small house, despite claiming to have 30 branch offices.

I can't imagine this is legit. This tire is $149 at Discount. It's what goes on my Mazda3.

Check the address on google and it's an empty lot!
Doesn't mean anything, especially Street View. That can be many years old (satellite is usually updated pretty frequently though). There could be a building there now.

Maybe they’re tires that “fell off the truck” and by coincidence ended up for sale at someone’s house out of their garage or trunk or their car haha:D

I can't imagine this is legit. This tire is $149 at Discount. It's what goes on my Mazda3.
looks like a copy of Walmart's page :sneaky:

looks like a copy of prioritytire's site :cautious:

Doesn't mean anything, especially Street View. That can be many years old (satellite is usually updated pretty frequently though). There could be a building there now.
It tells you how old the picture is.

Highly suspicious. The address listed is in residential areas, either Hollywood, FL or West Park, FL. This company could be a drop shipper, but their website doesn't list a town name, only zip code.
Check the address on google and it's an empty lot!
The (full) addresses are listed on both sites and are houses

The 702 area code
Telephone area codes are so 80s.... They mean next to little nowadays. I don't know which one has a 702 phone number but the addresses listed are Texas or Florida. It doesn't mean the person in TX or FL doesn't have a 702 phone number either.

Back