Phone says it needs a "Network Unlock" 4 digit code...

Okay. Quick question: Bought Samsung Galaxy S7 Active (AT&T) as it is perhaps my favorite phone and is not too big. Currently using Simple Mobile. Have used S7 Active on Simple Mobile before.

Took my SIM out of present Samsung Galaxy A-something. (A21? A23?) Put it in new S7 Active (AT&T phone) 📱 and.. need Network Unlock code.

I believe the phone can/will work.. again, I've used before.. Is there a network unlock code? Should I check to see if one was included from EBAY purchase? Or do I need a new SIM?

I could use a refresher on how this works.

(AT&T phones work on Simple Mobile..)

Cell providers may unlock their phones if you have used the phone with them for some time. ATT may have its own requirements, see what their website says.

AT&T will generally unlock them, IF there’s no outstanding balances, reported stolen, etc.-but it might take a few weeks for them to do it.
I was gonna say worth a try but likely you will be in the market for a new phone.

Once locked and off original plan = garbage .

The wonderful capitalist economy at work removing your right to actually use things you bought.

If the seller represented it as unlocked, get your money back.

Locked to AT&T means AT&T own brand service, not an MVNO like Simple.

It's not a good idea to be running Android 8 at this day and time.

AT&T will generally unlock them, IF there’s no outstanding balances, reported stolen, etc.-but it might take a few weeks for them to do it.
I take it back-I had a SIM locked iPhone 8 that has been out of service for a while (since we switched to Android phones & tablets) and ATT replied & approved my IMEI unlock request almost INSTANTLY! Might be worth a try if you are ATT SIM locked.

i got burnt on an E-Bay sony phone with software not for USA , + did not know to contact E-Bay asap to dispute the purchase, good luck!!

I am about to explore the issue a little more now. Seller is an EBAY seller, yes..

I say again that I had a S7 active on my service before.. I'm trying to remember what I did but I think something like getting a new SIM card was able to make it work, the S8 was the phone I like the least.

Here is the ad. https://order.ebay.com/ord/show?orderId=15-09103-88094#/ See it says AT&T ONLY OR GSM UNLOCK, which I feel is a contradiction in and of itself but again I've had this set up before.

I also just read The Simple Mobile unlock policy it says something about as long as the device was brought to market after February 2014 and the phone I bought was bought to market June 2016.. hopefully the issue is something with the SIM card but let me see what I can achieve before I fall asleep here shortly. https://support.simplemobile.com/expresshelp/policies-and-procedures

This Samsung Galaxy a21 or a23 that I'm looking to get out of is a phone I am displeased with but it did work in a pinch. It did its job. Now I'm looking to get back to my happy place and what might seem like a step backwards in an older phone is a step up for me because it's a smaller phone and I seem to have smaller hands and it just works better for me so let me see if I can get this figured out and get an answer for you all on if it was a bogus seller and I need my money back or if it can be made to work. Could go either way.

I was gonna say worth a try but likely you will be in the market for a new phone.

Once locked and off original plan = garbage .

The wonderful capitalist economy at work removing your right to actually use things you bought.

I purchase brand new iPhones from Apple that are unlocked and have used them all over the world with no issues.

Nvm. T-mobile service with an ATT phone.
I've done it before, if the device was truly unlocked it would be working by now.

From what I can find, Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile’s network. If it does use ATT’s network though that doesn’t matter as it isn’t an ATT branded network so the phone will reject it until it’s unlocked.

You can try unlocking the phone through here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/
Call Samsung support. I had to to get an S8 working with a new service provider. They helped me in about 10 minutes.
The S8 is one phone I didn't really like due to that **** Bixby button.

However. I am so happy to be a part of this community.

Let's see what happens with this.

Screenshot_20220921-195532_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220921-195830_Chrome.jpg

I wonder if they would reject a request on a phone from 2016.

Screenshot_20220921-195958_Camera.jpg

Back