Phone says it needs a "Network Unlock" 4 digit code...

I purchase brand new iPhones from Apple that are unlocked and have used them all over the world with no issues.
I do the same thing. I buy direct from Apple. Use any Carrier I want. USA or Europe. (Orange, BFSR, BiTel, Wind, Vodafone) Just purchase SIM Card. In USA, I use
T-Mobil. Have used ATT in the past but they became a ****.

Yes, may cost me a little more, but no problems. Well worth it to me.

BTW, present phones are all
iPhone SE (2nd Gen).

I do, but. 6.6 inches!
The screen size thing can be a bit misleading.

Galaxy S7 active has a 5.1” screen and is 5.86x2.95x0.39 overall.

An iPhone 13 Pro for example has a 6.1” screen and is 5.78x2.81x0.30 overall. So an inch more screen, but just over 1/16” shorter and a few hairs (about 5 hairs to be exact) of an 1/8” narrower.

schwinney

The screen size thing can be a bit misleading.

Galaxy S7 active has a 5.1” screen and is 5.86x2.95x0.39 overall.

An iPhone 13 Pro for example has a 6.1” screen and is 5.78x2.81x0.30 overall. So an inch more screen, but just over 1/16” shorter and a few hairs (about 5 hairs to be exact) of an 1/8” narrower.
You saying that that device is 6.6 in overall

I'd rather prefer to stick with Android but if they don't have a phone that's nice and small I might just make the jump to iPhone

You saying that that device is 6.6 in overall

I'd rather prefer to stick with Android but if they don't have a phone that's nice and small I might just make the jump to iPhone
No, I just used the iPhone as an example and that you can have a bigger screen while maintaining a smaller over all phone size thanks to the smaller smaller bezels.

I’m sure there are decent androids that are the same, I just don’t know any off the top of my head

Samsung S10 was made in 3 sizes. The small one can probably be found for under $200 used, is smaller than the S7 at less than 6 inches tall overall (1/2 inch taller than iPhone SE). Much better screen and camera than the SE. This is a 2019 model which can be upgraded to Android 12, it should have another couple of years before obsolescence.