Phillips CrystalVision Ultra ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know anything about these?

Phillips' website says they replicate the 4000k of HID, but also give more light than OEM lighting.

Based on what I have learned here, I was going to buy nighthawks, but these are available at a significant price savings because they have just shown up on the shelves of my local Costco.

Anyone's experiences would be welcome.

I purchased a set for my truck from Costco. I do not recommend these bulbs as they put out a "very blue" light. I believe the nighthawks are better.

Cheers

The GE nighthawks seem to perform well, and get good feedback on the hidplanet site. Check the voltage comming out of your harnesses, as mine are almost 1 volt less than at the battery. The hightest output, and surprisingly slightly whiter color belongs to the Phillips X-treme bulb. Its not colored, but has higher pressure gas inside, and a whole handful of other technological advancements that make it output significantly more lumens. The new H11 bulbs are supposedly a good alternative to the 9006 bulbs, but won't directly drop in, as they need the base filed to fit.

Thanks for the feedback Takoda. I'm not big on the pseudo-HID look in a conventional lightbulb.

I continue to hear good things about these nighthawks, and will probably get a set of these when I get around to it.

the GE Nighthawk are comparable to the Philips Vision Plus, if you have 9006 or 9145/H10 you can mod a 9005 to fit (for the 9145 it should drop right in) similar to the mod needed for the HIR 9011 & 9012 to fit

I'm surprised that you think the CrystalVision Ultra is too blue, must be the blue coated tip, but that doesn't affect light output just gives the headlights a blue tinge when off & on.

Which Costco did you see them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back