pf 52 silicone adv

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at orielly's today and the ac delco pf 52($2.99) oil filters had silicone adv. Are these mobil filters in disguise?

There is a bunch of non-Mobil filters using the silicone adv.
The $3-4 at Walmart Motorcraft FL2005 and FL400S have had them for years.

quote:

While it may not be a Mobil 1 filter, AC's media actually filters better anyway

confused.gif

I take it you haven't noticed the changes to the AC Delco line, mentioned in that article.

The synthetic media AC Delcos are mostly discontinued.
The $3 AC Delcos discussed in this thread are of average quality filters and are vastly inferior to Mobil 1's media and construrction.

quote:

Either way AC-delco has a top line filter.

Often you'll get better quality and manufacturing consistency by going with Wix, Purolator or Motorcraft.
Todays AC-Delco's are not whay they used to be.

[ November 06, 2005, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: vad ]

What did the base plate look like? Could you see the ADBV through the center hole?

Check out this link.

While it may not be a Mobil 1 filter, AC's media actually filters better anyway.

I have seen come PF52s with a silicone ADBV, but these were made in Mexico, and were not supposed to be sold in the US. See the many threads about them being sold at Advance auto.

The Grease test had both the synthetic media Pf-35L and the "normal" media version. Take a better look. The results are still relevant and normal champion AC's have not change as of yet, with identical construction to even the new M1s.

-T

t keith

What did the base plate look like? Could you see the ADBV through the center hole

had the big holes like m1

your link did'nt work

I also purchased a ac pf52 with silicone ADBV and the base-thread end looks identical to a wix oil filter to me. Could wix be a new supplier for ac delco filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back