PREMIUM GUARD PG 99495 OIL FILTER CUT OPEN

This filter was off my aunts girlfriends 2022 Cadillac small SUV with 2.0 turbo. Unknown oil. In and on was AC DELCO PF-66 and M1 0w20. Old oil and filter had 5,500~ miles on them. 38k on vehicle.

Attachments

• IMG_6530.jpeg
    IMG_6530.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6532.jpeg
    IMG_6532.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6534.jpeg
    IMG_6534.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6535.jpeg
    IMG_6535.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6536.jpeg
    IMG_6536.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6539.jpeg
    IMG_6539.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6538.jpeg
    IMG_6538.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6531.jpeg
    IMG_6531.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6540.jpeg
    IMG_6540.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 57
This Premium Guard has punched holes like the Mann you posted. 22' Caddy using a Premium Guard oil filter... Nice!

To be devil's advocate, the efficiency could be better... But, otherwise, no.

Keep in mind the most common versions of these are less than $2 filter on RA, but at this price point which filters have markedly better efficiency for this price AND hold their integrity AND have predictable components where you know exactly what will be on the inside AND always have top notch QC with metal end caps?? Definitely not wix protec or fram eg, definitely not bosch workshop . .. maybe champ comes close.

Keep in mind the most common versions of these are less than $2 filter on RA, but at this price point which filters have markedly better efficiency for this price AND hold their integrity AND have predictable components where you know exactly what will be on the inside AND always have top notch QC with metal end caps?? Definitely not wix protec or fram eg, definitely not bosch workshop . .. maybe champ comes close.
Pennzoil, and a Fram Tough Guard or even a ST white can

Nope.. Pennzoil and TG easily fail most of the points I mentioned.. and the ST is a Champ which I mentioned comes close.
Pennzoil fails how? I can get them at work for well under $2 also. Maybe I missed some of your post

Nope.. Pennzoil and TG easily fail most of the points I mentioned.. and the ST is a Champ which I mentioned comes close.
Pennzoil is Premium/Prime Guard now(?) The Champ Ecore is basically the only sub $2 or $3 filter out there that‘s reliable enough to use-the Protec sure isn’t… And the rest of Mann’s non-Euro lineup (excluding the Boss/XP) isn’t awe inspiring either!

Pennzoil fails how? I can get them at work for well under $2 also. Maybe I missed some of your post

You can get them for that price but we can't.. Also , they are flipping around with suppliers from your Pennzoil filter posts that I have seen so you never know what you will get which was one of my points.

Your USA Pennzoils seem to lose integrity pretty fast which is not surprising (they look like Fram/First Brands built)....... and why are your China Pennzoils always perfect QC and hold their integrity?? .. Is it because they are PREMIUM GUARDS ?? :D

You can get them for that price but we can't.. Also , they are flipping around with suppliers from your Pennzoil filter posts that I have seen so you never know what you will get which was one of my points.

Your USA Pennzoils seem to lose integrity pretty fast which is not surprising (they look like Fram/First Brands built)....... and why are your China Pennzoils always perfect QC and hold their integrity?? .. Is it because they are PREMIUM GUARDS ?? :D
USA Pennzoil filters used to be Purolator/Mann, but they seem to be going to Premium Guard.

Until 23’ Pennzoil filters were Purolator made. Now hey all made in China. And they do hold up; I’m seeing lots that went beyond our works OCI and they do hold up. lol up the 19’ Explorer PZ-173. Black and nasty but did job

Until 23’ Pennzoil filters were Purolator made. Now hey all made in China. And they do hold up; I’m seeing lots that went beyond our works OCI and they do hold up. lol up the 19’ Explorer PZ-173. Black and nasty but did job

I was going over all your Prime Guard posts and I think those are also all China .. they look like the same Premium Guard product..... but I don't think I can find a bad one of those..... Can you ?

BTW I don't believe Premium Guard is actually making their filters...... Wild guess is that it is Mann Hummel Asian operations.
PG states on their website : "The oil filters supplied by PGI are manufactured in the same factories producing for either OEM or OES supply to all major automakers." https://premiumguard.com/products/filters/oil-filters/

I was going over all your Prime Guard posts and I think those are also all China .. they look like the same Premium Guard product..... but I don't think I can find a bad one of those..... Can you ?

BTW I don't believe Premium Guard is actually making their filters...... Wild guess is that it is Mann Hummel Asian operations.
PG states on their website : "The oil filters supplied by PGI are manufactured in the same factories producing for either OEM or OES supply to all major automakers." https://premiumguard.com/products/filters/oil-filters/
I can’t find any bad Premium Guard filters. Unsure who makes them also.

Back