Peugeot

Nobody wants to copy them 😂

Too bad brands like Citröen and Peugeot spent so many years running after money...many of these cars deserved better, fancier engines to really compete outside of France/Europe.

Over in Denmark I saw some sharp looking Peugeot CUVs..................

Had one in Italy. Was one of the largest vehicles Sixt offered, and had to be reserved in advance. Their "large" is our "medium."

For something the size of an X3 or Q5, way more space efficient. Neither of those could dream of carrying five people and their luggage, and have a third row jump seat if the cargo space wasn't needed.

The efficient little sub-2.0l turbodiesel only struggled with pulling away cleanly, or not stalling, on steep inclines if it wasn't given enough throttle. Clutch was also a little heavy and vague. But otherwise, it drove fine, and was happy to cruise the Autostrade all day at 80 mph, and handle the winding country roads with no issues. Was a tight squeeze in the older parts of towns, but still quite manageable. The position of the instrument cluster looks a little too high and out of place, but is actually closer to the line of sight. No other quirks.

Sometimes, you get stuck with a rental you don't really like, which detracts from the overall experience, but the 5008 worked out really well.

Also had experience with a late 70s/early 80s sedan. It, too, was spacious and comfortable; many of the same attributes, and not really quirky. The Douvrin V6 could be finicky, but when running right, was ok.

Peugeots aren't really quirky in the sense that Citroens are (at least before they became watered down under PSA), they're just a typical car with some French flavor, not really much wilder than a Volvo, Jaguar, or other non-German Euro marque is. I like German cars, but don't like how they are considered the (safe, conservative, boring, even) expected benchmark, with everything else deemed odd, or weird. Post-Ford, renaissance Volvo was smart to try to play up its own Scandinavian identity, instead of trying to ape the Germans like many others do.

From a business standpoint, it's understandable why they won't be coming back to the U.S., but too bad. The market could use some variety.
Since Croatia didn’t have much for traffic enforcement in the rural areas, I cruised 85-95 mph quite a bit. The steering was more direct than my 3 series and we averaged 35 mpg. I was able to easily hold lines at 140 kph in the mountains with motorcycles passing me *in the same lane*. And I had 4 passengers plus luggage and everyone was fine. The only issue was the lane assist fought me a lot because the lanes were so narrow it confused the system. Between the tall gearing and the large size it was definitely a challenge in the hilly, old parts of town!

they said, 1,6thp block was provided by psa, and head by bmw.
many things happened since 2010, now the thp is considered solid.
back then it was nightmare. even on pug forums people told you that go rather diesel :whistle:

pesky batteries everywhere. lol

I had an 86 505 Turbo Gas 5 speed sedan a while back. It was a really great car that drove way better than I thought it would. Power was decent for back then but it had some rust. I ended up trading it in on a Saturn SL2 because the rust underneath was getting kinda bad and I wasn't able to get a fan clutch for it anymore. It had the fan clutch where you had to adjust the gap on it, sort of worked like an a/c compressor clutch. When I traded it, it had 85k miles on it. I still have some Peugeot specific tools for it in the garage. Need to get those on Ebay, someone might be interested.

Peugeot... Remands me of an old saying.

When it come to engineering, the French copy nobody... And nobody copies the French
They just have to do it differently...because. The 404 had door lock buttons like most cars of the period, but on the Peugeot you pulled them up to lock, and push down to unlock.

Back