Petro-Canada Supreme Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is great oil, its too bad its more expensive and harder to obtain than Pennzoil, Quaker State and Mobil. It never goes on sale that I have seen.

The HDEO is really good stuff as is the gear oil and I think it is priced well for those applications.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak
A few here have tried it. It's certified oil, and perfectly serviceable, and there's a dexos1 licensed 5w-30, not to mention an ILSAC 0w-30, too.

Yes, and it can be obtained at a very reasonable price if you buy it through a distributor
smile.gif

Yep, Smokescreen, if you get it from a distributor, you'll do fine. Ironically, the gas station price is probably better per litre than "regular" retail prices at Walmart or Canadian Tire for what they sell. It also doesn't take much to accumulate enough Petro-Points to get the oil by points alone.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
It is great oil, its too bad its more expensive and harder to obtain than Pennzoil, Quaker State and Mobil. It never goes on sale that I have seen.

It's actually cheaper than anything you can find at Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart. The closest distributor I found sells it for $93.12 CAD for 12 bottles of 1 L.

Yes, you won't find one litre bottles for that price up here anywhere else, at least not very readily. You might get a better deal on Formula Shell Synthetic from the Shell distributor, but it won't be a huge different, and the Petro-Canada 5w-30 is dexos1 licensed for those who care about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back