People selling laundry detergent on Craigslist or at yard sales?

All the Tide soaps at my Kroger store are all locked up and require an assistant to open the doors. All the other brands are stocked normally. What makes Tide different from the other brands that people want to steal it?

My favorite...lasts forever...
Screenshot_20230806-142752~2.jpg

Reactions: Pew
All the Tide soaps at my Kroger store are all locked up and require an assistant to open the doors. All the other brands are stocked normally. What makes Tide different from the other brands that people want to steal it?
Its the "gold" standard 😆 and can be used as drug currency.
or returned to another store for $$$

As someone that has a garage full of pricing error and rebate motor oil, I'm going to assume the less nefarious intentions and that they just bought a bunch of stuff that was on sale and they had coupons.

It's more like they got caught up in those couponing shows/etc, where people would lose their minds and "out-buy" other consumers, just buying stuff because they got it for a penny or free.

When they got home after the 3rd shopping excursion, they realized that the apartment didn't have unlimited storage space....

My favorite deodorant, Mennen Musk, was discontinued a couple years ago. Saw some on eBay for $43 a stick the other day!

I read an article about how Tide theft is a huge problem. Apparently it is some kind of status symbol for poor people? Dumbest thing I have ever heard. I thought it was an Onion article, but I guess not.

I work at a Meijer... pre pandemic, when we were still open 24hrs, there was A guy...would come in in the middle of the night, load up a cart with tide pods, and run right out the door, where he had a van waiting with a ramp. He'd run right into the van cart and all, and take off.
we're not allowed to stop thieves. only management, and LP can do that.

that guy would then sell the tide pods on marketplace.

so around here it's either that situation, or, some one who works at P&G. - A couple times a year, they give the employees car trunk fulls of free product..some former neighbors who worked out there tried to pay dad for snowblowing their driveway with the big bottles of Tide..." Sorry, My snow-blower doesn't run on Tide"
( Lima has the Primary P&G Laundry bottling plant for the US. if you buy any P&G liquid laundry product in the continental US, there is a greater than 95% chance it was bottled here. Both the Pods, and the "unstoppable" scent Boosters were invented there, and they are currently building an expansion to bring the "unstoppables" line in house, where it is currently farmed out.)

I’ve seen some bulk in unmarked/ generic brand 5 gallon buckets. I think schools and churches use them for fundraising. I’ve heard both good and bad about the quality.

Back