Pennzoil Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Vitually, only 0W20 can be purchased at retail stores is M1, this tells the marketing power of XOM.

Exactly! While I'm not a fan of their products I respect their marketing ability. The fact that they get their products to the market fast, and don't roll in the mud with the pigs when it comes to a battle. They have my respect for that.

I agree, I have only seen Pennzoil 0W20 online at one place and I found that by chance. Never seen Valvoline 0W20 sale anywhere but heard of it.

Shell Rotella® T6 delivers 34% better wear performance on average compared to the previous API CI-4 PLUS 5W-40 formulation.

Its a new extremely high performance synthetic just coming out. More cleaning power than ever...the claim is cleans 35% more engine sludge than our best oil (Platinum) and is based on ASTM Sequence V-G testing.

Is the Rotella T6 similar to the Pennzoil Ultra in different viscosity.

I just hope that when they have a seale it will be a buy one get one free, since I hate the send in a rebate and wait and hope they send it back, also rebates you can only buy so many and then no more rebates.

Usually BOGO is the retailers' sale/promotion while the rebate is manufacture's sale/promotion. Retailers like rebates better because they sell twice as many as usual and consumers get or don't get rebate is not their problems.

So with this being the latest - greatest best thing there will be no BOGO free, but possible the platinum maybe since few will want it with the ultra out there.

Originally Posted By: Gator
So with this being the latest - greatest best thing there will be no BOGO free, but possible the platinum maybe since few will want it with the ultra out there.

I am sure plenty of people on here would pick up Platinum if it was buy one get one

The MSDS for all 3 grades are available.

http://www.epc.shell.com/documentRequest.asp?type=MSDS&documentId=67556192
http://www.epc.shell.com/documentRequest.asp?type=MSDS&documentId=67556160
http://www.epc.shell.com/documentRequest.asp?type=MSDS&documentId=67556208

The 5W-20 says: Blend of synthetic hydrocarbon, polyalphaolefins and additives.
The 5W-30 says: Blend of polyolefins, hydrocarbon solvent and additives.
The 10W-30 says: Blend of synthetic hydrocarbon, polyalphaolefins and additives.

Great timing on this. The Civic's at 10% oil life, and my oil stash is only 5 quarts. I'd like to try this out on the next OCI. Don't laugh, but that tiny HT/HS jump from 2.6 to 2.7 compared with PP 5w-20 is kinda appetizing.

Looks good for a direct injection engine. I think I'll be watching for PP fire sales.

As for the comments on PP's 5w30 being like a 0w30, I'm not sure that's entirely correct since Q-HP has a lower CCS and MRV.

data sheet comparison between ultra and PP

Ultra has no ACEA Spec
Ultra 5w 20,30 has slightly better volatility
Ultra 10w30 has worse volatility than PP, Ul=11.2 and PP=9.7
ccs viscosity is the same
Ultra is showing better Pour point.

check this site out, on the middle of the page, click on the performance chart http://www.gf-5.com/

One thing I DON'T understand is that with all the effort and marketing that went into getting recognition for the 'Platinum' name, why the heck would they change it!?!?

johnny -- rudolph stated that you were "an asset to the site".absolutely. thanks for your efforts on answering questions for about the 200th time. have a good day.

Hey, that's why we're here.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: addyguy
One thing I DON'T understand is that with all the effort and marketing that went into getting recognition for the 'Platinum' name, why the heck would they change it!?!?

Someone stated earlier that this could be their "Edge" premium product. That makes sense to me. Castrol still sells syntec even though Edge is better.

It sounds like it'll be a killer oil.

I just wonder why they wouldn't go after, Amsoil / Mobil 1 EP/ Edge, with a longer drain oil.

I still think it'll be wicked stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back