Pennzoil Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny, when will we see it on the shelf. I'm frothing at the mouth right now.

I said it once and I'll say it again.....Johnny is the man

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Why doesn't Shell get PP or this new oil on the shelves in a 0W20 and 0W30 grade? 0W20 exists, and a 0W30 would be a nice addition to their lineup. The 0W20 is nowhere to be found unless you want to order it online, and then pay to have it shipped. This is a retail product not a boutique oil. They make a great product, but they really have to get moving with the 0W-xx grade oils.

PP is thin enough to be considered a 0W-30 (5W-30) and a 0W-20 (5W-20) so they don't need a true 0W oil.

But they do make a 0W-20. I use to run it in my Prius. They just don't push it. Beats me. I think they do make a 0W-30 for the European market.

You can bet one thing, when Ford and GM recommend 0W-20 it will be pushed like crazy.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Why doesn't Shell get PP or this new oil on the shelves in a 0W20 and 0W30 grade? 0W20 exists, and a 0W30 would be a nice addition to their lineup. The 0W20 is nowhere to be found unless you want to order it online, and then pay to have it shipped. This is a retail product not a boutique oil. They make a great product, but they really have to get moving with the 0W-xx grade oils.

PP is thin enough to be considered a 0W-30 (5W-30) and a 0W-20 (5W-20) so they don't need a true 0W oil.

They make a 0W20 oil already. Nothing in a 0w30. If they want to compete with XOM they really should get the 0W20 on the shelves, and start working on a 0w30. I agree about the viscosity, but the shift is toward 0W-xx oils, no reason grabbing market share early. XOM is doing it.

If a car calls for 0W20 or 0W30 oil, and the owner wants to be compliant to protect their warranty they would be better off using a 0W20 or 0W30 vs a 5W20 or 5W30. It would make life a bit easier in the event of a problem. JMO

Now if they offer PU rebates, I'm in even if they don't offer it in a 0W-xx grade.

Last edited:
A quick note, I think this is one of the fastest growing threads I've seen yet. Already 5 1/2 pages in in a little over an hour.

It is a fast growing thread. I think a lot of that is due to Johnny's fast responses

A quick note, I think this is one of the fastest growing threads I've seen yet. Already 5 1/2 pages in in a little over an hour.

It interested me. Pennzoil makes some great products. They just lag getting some of then into stores.

Same thing with Valvoline, they have Synpower 0W20 in their website but nowhere to be found but online.

Vitually, only 0W20 can be purchased at retail stores is M1, this tells the marketing power of XOM.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Vitually, only 0W20 can be purchased at retail stores is M1, this tells the marketing power of XOM.

Exactly! While I'm not a fan of their products I respect their marketing ability. The fact that they get their products to the market fast, and don't roll in the mud with the pigs when it comes to a battle. They have my respect for that.

Can't wait to see this when it comes out. Once a rebate becomes available, it will be time to stock up.
thumbsup2.gif

Already 5 1/2 pages in in a little over an hour.

5 pages? How low are your settings? I'm still on page 2.
55.gif

Originally Posted By: Boomer01
My guess is you'll see it on the shelves the day of the Super Bowl.

I can already see those SuperBowl ads... "Think with your ULTRA dipstick!".... uhhh...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

55.gif

Whatever the original settings were, I never bothered to change them, lol

Originally Posted By: Boomer01
My guess is you'll see it on the shelves the day of the Super Bowl.

I can already see those SuperBowl ads... "Think with your ULTRA dipstick!".... uhhh...

Lmao

55.gif

lol, i'm still on page 1. But my scrollbar slider got really small quick. When I first replied 30 min ago, it was still about an inch. Now its like a millimeter :p

Originally Posted By: RageOfFury
Wow your awesome Johnny. Thanks!

I hope this stuff becomes available in Canada!

Probably won't be a problem. Its just castrol edge we can't get :p.

Heck, Our local Save On Foods carries Pennzoil Platinum!

This is the funniest thing I have seen on BITOG in years, like super sleuth detective stuff...but for motor oil. Its like you guys are junkies for the latest and greatest thing. Inside guys and all.

For me...I hope this stuff comes out soon too, so I can get the older PP on sale and stock up !!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Ugh, another oil I'm tempted to buy! I already have over 150 quarts to use... what to do, what to do...
lol.gif

buy more....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back