Pennzoil Ultra Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HARTZSKY
I checked my Wal-mart today and Ultra was there sitting nice and purdy. Not alot of it but they had 5W-30, 10W-30 and 5W-20. Maybe 6-7 5 quart jugs total. I resisted the temptation.

Me too. It sure was purrdy. Heck I am just getting around to using PP for the first time. Always seem to be a generation behind.

Originally Posted By: PurplePride
I still have to say: If the cheapest dino is just fine across the board, you should just shut down this site and say that.
Save lots of arguing, discussing, science and fun.
Come on now.

The bottom line this guy's statement is right. Al the arguing is about miniscule diffrences - none of which will make an iota of difference to 99.9% of us here.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus2010
What engine manufacturers endorse/approve extended drain intervals?

Don't know about 'endorse', but moving in that direction.

Ford's all-new 412hp 5.0l V8 "Coyote" engine (and the 305hp 3.7l V6 as I recall) for the 2011 Mustang is spec'ed for 10k miles oil changes using mineral 5w20. The sump capacity is 8 quarts though.

FYI... I spotted this at my local China Mart in northern Va today. Pricing is $28 for five qt jug and just under $7 for singles. Also stocking Rotella T5 10-30 at $16 per gallon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster
A high % of people on here have a form OCD I think.

I mean let's face it, in the grand scheme of things this is really not important stuff to talk about. LOL.

No kidding [censored] is going on in here? lol My Gawd.... I'll bet most of the guys on here are the types that lubricate their trash can axles.

Originally Posted By: Jeepster_nut

I mean let's face it, in the grand scheme of things this is really not important stuff to talk about. LOL.

No kidding [censored] is going on in here? lol My Gawd.... I'll bet most of the guys on here are the types that lubricate their trash can axles.

What?
shocked2.gif
You don't lubricate your trash can axles?
33.gif
Since I started lubricating mine, it only takes me 30 seconds to get to the curb instead of 45 seconds.
grin2.gif

I'll bet most of the guys on here are the types that lubricate their trash can axles.

I'm guessing you don't want to hear about what I do with my bike chain?

Last edited:
13,000 views.

I know, it's crazy. Heck, Shell could save their advertising budget and just refer everyone to this website.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

What?
shocked2.gif
33.gif
Since I started lubricating mine, it only takes me 30 seconds to get to the curb instead of 45 seconds.
grin2.gif

lol.gif

I lube the chain and tracks on my 20 year Garage door a few times a year. I'm the only one on the street that doesn't make an obscene amount of squeaking and god awful cracks and bangs every time I open the garage door!

Then there's lubing the rubbers door seals on the car, mountain bike chain, all door hinges in the house... oh my.. I guess I do have a problem
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
In that ad, it says something about getting a Ferrari cap if you buy Pennzoil Ultra, anyone know more about that?

Now that would be worth $28!

I'm looking forward to the Canadian launch with reasonable pricing.

I have not seen an actual ad. I believe what was posted is a sample sales sheets that some ad agency has made up for Shell to review. I keep hearing rumors about a March 1 release, but your guess is as good as mine.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
In that ad, it says something about getting a Ferrari cap if you buy Pennzoil Ultra, anyone know more about that?

Now that would be worth $28!

I'm looking forward to the Canadian launch with reasonable pricing.

I agree, I've been wanting a Ferrari hat and they tend to cost over $28 alone!

Originally Posted By: webfors

What?
shocked2.gif
33.gif
grin2.gif

lol.gif

I lube the chain and tracks on my 20 year Garage door a few times a year. I'm the only one on the street that doesn't make an obscene amount of squeaking and god awful cracks and bangs every time I open the garage door!

Then there's lubing the rubbers door seals on the car, mountain bike chain, all door hinges in the house... oh my.. I guess I do have a problem
grin2.gif

I've taken to lubing my snow shovel so that the blade slides more easily through the snow,
also increasing my snow removal productivity by 17% by switching to synthetic over dino.
st

Can't wait to see the details on that - wonder how many caveats there and and if it is as much a "guarantee" as the Valvoline one.... Probably requires factory recommended OCI.

Originally Posted By: HARTZSKY
Technology Guaranteed. From America’s #1 motor oil: Pennzoil Ultra™
is backed by a 500,000 mile, 15-year Lubrication Limited Warranty

What?
shocked2.gif
33.gif
grin2.gif

Yes, but do I follow a 50 TCI (trash change interval) or a 100 TCI?
banana2.gif

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back