Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (PUP) VOA 5W30 API SP

One key question is what is the HTHS ? ??

If it's say 3.2 or 3.1 and the kinematic viscosity is what it is 9. 48 then that would mean that the base oil is actually a lot thicker vs a oil that has a HTHS of 3.2 and a kinematic viscosity of say 11.4.
Furthermore, we don’t know what the HTHS is. Shell doesn’t post a complete product data sheet like other oil companies do.
I think that's his point.

Well let’s be honest EcoBoosts have literally been set up to fail period. And I don’t think that’s the oils fault. 95% of the time. I agree with your not running a 500hp anything with out an oil cooler. It’s also not crude hydrocracking. It’s gas hydrocracking
So likely it doesn’t even see a Cat Cracker Unit. Like said above it’s dependent on temps. So in winter much better than a 40 weight that’s for sure. I’m running PP 10w-30 after coming from Amsoil 10w-40 Boosted. About 130 miles ago. Much quieter to me actually.
I have a jug of PUP 5w-30 that will go in around 3k-4.5k on the PP. just to see and get some UOA’s on an EJ motor. For what I get either for. I don’t need to extend anything. Much rather prefer cleanliness then lubrication vs lubrication cleanliness then temps.

Back