Pennzoil Ultra 5w30, 10849 Mi., 06 Forester X 2.5l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gib
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Could this be Ultra SN and previously SM?
I just checked the jug; this was SM rated Ultra. The previous oil was something completely different, as I noted in my original post. Reading is a good thing.
wink.gif

Even the newest Ultra at WallyWorld with May/June production dates says SM on the bottles. The Pennzoil website also says SM, not SN. All the other Pennzoil products say SN on their site.
confused2.gif

Maybe using up old labels since it's a slow seller.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kender

Even the newest Ultra at WallyWorld with May/June production dates says SM on the bottles. The Pennzoil website also says SM, not SN. All the other Pennzoil products say SN on their site.
confused2.gif

Maybe using up old labels since it's a slow seller.

Has here been any evidence that Ultra has been SN licensed yet? I know it "meets or exceeds all SN requirements" (taking a page out of the Amsoil book) but has it actually been SN approved by the API?

I'm glad they came along with Ultra. It's what I was looking for - a stout long UOA oil. I previously posted a UOA with Ultra 5w20 - 12.8k mi, 10 mos of the wife commuting kids. Excellent results. I refilled with Ultra 5w20 and I'm well into my second long run now - perhaps 10 to 12 months and 12 to 15k miles. Ultra seems to do it in stride. Thank you Pennzoil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back