Pennzoil Ultra 0w40 FF in all SRT Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is simple here. While I own an SRT vehicle I never believe this bunk because it is more than likely a money thing.

Odds are someone is being compensated.

Also note that my factory spec calls for 3k mile changes. So the market is bigger than you think.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The stuff could be Helix ultra. My question is will it be back spec'd, imagine if Chrysler jumps off the 5w20 band wagon.
Some folks here will be ranting and raving about low VII's and what they can gin up as it goes against their opinions.
Don't forget whatever is in the PDS is a mistake at best or an out right bald faced lie!
grin.gif

The Pennzoil looks like a true synthetic like Helix Ultra 0w40.
I bet this is some good stuff! Shell has the formulas no question why not use them here in the US?

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GSAP_msds_00416845.PDF

http://www.triumf.md/upload/files_items/53_helixultra5w40tdseng.pdf_4c333a482b8da.pdf

They already have, the new Pentastar 3.6 motors are 5w30 now.

I have a Challenger SRT but do not drive it enough to be able to make the comparison. For someone who does drive their SRT on a daily bases I would like to see a comparison between M1 0W40 and PU 0W40. I believe M1 0W40 has consistently produced very good UOIs many with extended OCIs. It would be nice to see if PU 0W40 produces equal, better, or not as good results in the SRT engines as M1. Of course, many people (but certainly not all) are fairly easy on these cars and change oil at least according to the manual or light. Assuming these intervals and cases both oils should look stellar at change time.

Originally Posted By: lonestar
For someone who does drive their SRT on a daily bases I would like to see a comparison between M1 0W40 and PU 0W40. I believe M1 0W40 has consistently produced very good UOIs many with extended OCIs. It would be nice to see if PU 0W40 produces equal, better, or not as good results in the SRT engines as M1.

I'm not sure that a $20 UOA can be a good judge of that.

for the 6.1 owners there are very real fuel dilution issues that do not allow an extended OCI if you care about the car.

I have not seen enough info on the 6.4 motors to see if their factory tune is as aggressive as the 6.1.

But I have analyzed my 6.1 oil several times back in 05 when purchased new. Make no mistake M1 0w-40 is an excellent oil!

Originally Posted By: MBS500
just saw 5 gallon pail here

That's so unfair - 5 gallons of premium synthetic for only a hair over what some expensive places up here would charge for 5 gallons of conventional.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back