Pennzoil Platinum 5w30?

It's been awhile since I went into an AA store. I saw 5qt jugs of PUP for $40.99 and PUP qts for $12.99 (may have been $13.99 can't remember). I didn't know PUP was available in stores.

When it comes to Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 I have heard that it is not a solid 5w30. Is it true that it is a extremely weak 5w30?
My truck calls for 5w30 and it has 148k on it and I want to make sure I'm taking good care of my truck.
I don’t think Pennzoil would insure a 500k mileage if they weren’t sure on the oil.

But yes it’s slightly thinner but thickens over time. I only use platinum and ultra in my boxer engine with great results. I also put about 100 miles a day on my engine as well. With no issues. I do like running 2500-3000 then drain and refill while changing filter every 6000 miles with great results.

It's been awhile since I went into an AA store. I saw 5qt jugs of PUP for $40.99 and PUP qts for $12.99 (may have been $13.99 can't remember). I didn't know PUP was available in stores.
Also PUP is 38 dollars on the Walmart app

Just be sure to shake up each jug before pouring in your engine as the additive package supposedly is that sediment in the bottom of the container. Otherwise you will be pumping this sediment and it’s caught in the oil filter. Good oil?…..

Summer too Chris.
The two best selling brand names in SN+ and SP 5w30 are Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil-1 Vanilla.
I seriouly doubt America's vehicle buyers are getting those two choices wrong.

I have a year and 1/2 of Pennzoil Platinum jugs for 2 cars in my stash.
I like it,- buy it and sleep well.
Get a premium filter, don't go cheap.

Penn Plat 5w-30 used to be my staple oil in my cars that were calling for 5w-20. After learning about and trying Penn Plat Euro LX which is 0w-30 I'm not going back, not even interested in Penn Ultra Plat. Price is basically same, still running same OCIs.

Back