Pennzoil Platinum 5w20, 03 Honda, 8k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Diego Mac,
Take a look at code tag under UBB.

Highroller,
What is WOT?
The car is garaged most of the time. I also have a block heater but I needed the timer for something else so I haven't used it in over a year. I just start the car and drive usually waiting no more then 30 seconds. I leave the car running when I have to remove ice and snow. About twice a week I drive about 2.5 miles and park the car outside. I drive it back home at the end of the day. Other times I drive about 30 miles trips or shorter trips to the store.

Everyone,
Thanks for all your comments.

WOT= Wide Open Throttle or more commmonly called "Flooring it"

Goose
patriot.gif

To glennc's thought, I just wonder, how much lower would the iron number get in this engine with any oil?

An excellent UOA. With single digit weather recently here in the Northeast, unless the engine gets fully hot and runs for a bit, seems like some fuel dilution is just going to be there.

I very seldom do WOT now. About two years ago I would sometime do WOTs coming out of toll booths on my twice weekly 150 miles drive. I no longer have these weekly long trips. I now have some very short trips mixed in with longer trips as noted above. You can see this in my average miles per week.

This UOA was taken right after a 30 mile, mostly highway between 40 & 55 MPH. The trip before that one was also a 30 mile between 55 and 64+ MPH. Shouldn't the fuel dilution be lowered and the flash point raised by these two trips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back